should i ?

giaindell

my baby Veiled is 2 months old and he is in the beginning of a shed. it is very nice outside and i would like to know if it would be okay for me to take him outside?

It shouldn't be any different than it is inside his cage? You still have UV rays and heat... Other than keeping him hydrated I can't imagine anything being wrong with that...

Absolutely! Natural UV packs waaaaay more punch than anything our artificial lights can replicate, and only 20 minutes of sunshine has been shown in lab tests to put significal amounts of D3 into the bloodstream of reptiles that is still there 2 weeks later! And personally, I think it's got lots of benefits both physically and mentally to be outside even for a little bit.

He might be a little uncomfortable with the shed but he'll be fine outside for a little. Use the chance to give him an extra long misting in the sunshine and help him out with the shed :)

Absolutely! Natural UV packs waaaaay more punch than anything our artificial lights can replicate, and only 20 minutes of sunshine has been shown in lab tests to put significal amounts of D3 into the bloodstream of reptiles that is still there 2 weeks later! And personally, I think it's got lots of benefits both physically and mentally to be outside even for a little bit.

He might be a little uncomfortable with the shed but he'll be fine outside for a little. Use the chance to give him an extra long misting in the sunshine and help him out with the shed :)

wow thats good too know i took my jacksons female outside i didnt have her in her enclosure i was letting her run around on me and alittle on my deck she seemed to like exploring

The more you can have chams outside in the sunlight the better! I have two small cages outside that I've let them chill in during peak sunlight hours for the past few days since it's been so nice. They're out there right now :)

i do that....natural sun helps to peel it much faster, same with extra misting\humidity...

The more you can have chams outside in the sunlight the better! I have two small cages outside that I've let them chill in during peak sunlight hours for the past few days since it's been so nice. They're out there right now :)

i hope tomorrow is just as nice so they all can get some rays ;)

Definately, natural sunlight is the best for your chameleon!

However, you have to keep a constant eye on it, because chameleons have a tendancy to explore and get lost! And I read enough of these sad stories in the past! :S

Another important thing is to offer him constant watering and constant shading if he needs to. Just run a dripper and put him on a small tree or somewhere where he can either bask directly under the sunlight or covered by the leaves! :)

Definately, natural sunlight is the best for your chameleon!

However, you have to keep a constant eye on it, because chameleons have a tendancy to explore and get lost! And I read enough of these sad stories in the past! :S

Another important thing is to offer him constant watering and constant shading if he needs to. Just run a dripper and put him on a small tree or somewhere where he can either bask directly under the sunlight or covered by the leaves! :)

i wasnt going to let him run wild yet because he is young and i was going to be in the sun with him :p
i was going to bring out his enclosure which has alot of leaves which means hiding spots

Back
Top Bottom