should i take zilla to the vet

eliska

do her eyes look sunken?? she keeps closing one eye idk what to do. shes a veiled chameleon a couple months old.

Attachments

• 3644D181-1A26-4C2F-BF50-F329D86E9EFC.jpeg
    3644D181-1A26-4C2F-BF50-F329D86E9EFC.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 75
Yes, they definitely look sunken, and she looks underfed? How much are you feeding, and did you get your husbandry check already?

Yes her eyes look sunken. How are you watering her? Do you have a good reptile vet with chameleon experience?

i feed her about 5-8 crickets a day and i put repashy calcium on them. i mist her a couple times a day for a couple minutes and leave my dripper on for 15-20 minutes

i havent taken her to the vet yet so i have no idea where to take her. i mist her for 10-15 minutes a couple times a day. leave the dripper on for 15–20 minutes also a couple times a day

i havent taken her to the vet yet so i have no idea where to take her. i mist her for 10-15 minutes a couple times a day. leave the dripper on for 15–20 minutes also a couple times a day

Depending on where you are located, you might be able to work off the list of reputable vets (there's a thread on here somewhere). You'll need an established exotics vet & someone who has specific experience with chameleons. You also might be able to find someone locally through an internet search, it just requires a bit of research up front to find someone with the right experience.

What color have her urates been? Are they mostly white or mostly orange?

this is what they look like and heres the repashy i use

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 69
this is what they look like and heres the repashy i use
Did you make the changes recommended in your other thread? https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/zillas-not-eating.177979/post-1601609

This supplement is too much for her. I believe she is getting overdosed using this... It should only be used 2 times a month as your multivitamin and calcium with D3. Then at all other feedings you need to be giving ONLY calcium without D3.

And have you added the correct UVB lighting?

Back
Top Bottom