Should I Just Accept I Have A Feisty Chameleon?

Jokeya

So, I've posted a few threads before asking about how I could try and tame my chameleon. I have a female Veiled and she is about 6 months old right now, which I know is around the time chameleons get quite territorial. It's so strange since she will eat from my hand with zero problem, but as soon as I open her cage for any other reason than that, even if it's water, she will get extremely defensive. Puff up, hold up her arm, hiss, everything but open her mouth or threaten to bite. I am perfectly with her being only for show rather than handling, but if she gets that defensive from me just being near her, is there a chance I can even calm her down for handling? The only thing I could think of is just waiting for her to grow since she's basically a moody teenage going through puberty right now, but I don't know. Should I eventually try and tame her once she's grown, find some different approach, or just accept that she's extremely territorial?

Tame your female Veil? Ba ha ha ha ha! Good luck my friend. The most you'll enjoy is the constant spurning and hatred that you'll get from her and you WILL enjoy it. You will learn and appreciate it and be thankful. The only pet that you'll love for hating you. ;):)

lol i would just accept it unless you really really want her to not be so defensive. Dont expect for her to ever calm down too much though even if you do gain some trust, just based off how she is now.

Tame your female Veil? Ba ha ha ha ha! Good luck my friend. The most you'll enjoy is the constant spurning and hatred that you'll get from her and you WILL enjoy it. You will learn and appreciate it and be thankful. The only pet that you'll love for hating you. ;):)
Yeaaaaah, even if she hates the hell out of me, you're right, I still love her lmao.

lol i would just accept it unless you really really want her to not be so defensive. Dont expect for her to ever calm down too much though even if you do gain some trust, just based off how she is now.

I probably will just accept it. My dad just keeps telling me to handle her no matter what, buuuuut I'd rather not force unneeded stress since I really don't mind just having her for show. I'm gonna have to though soon since we're upgrading her cage and I'll have to move her somehow. ?

Back
Top Bottom