Should I buy a "medium" jackson chameleon or a hatchling?

m1les

Hi Chameleon Forums. I am interested in buying a jacksons chameleon female but i'm not sure if I should opt for an older one or a baby. There are obviously pros and cons to both like being able to watch the baby grow up, but I am still not sure which I should purchase. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Chameleon Forums. I am interested in buying a jacksons chameleon female but i'm not sure if I should opt for an older one or a baby. There are obviously pros and cons to both like being able to watch the baby grow up, but I am still not sure which I should purchase. Any advice is appreciated.
I'm not a jackson's expert, but I would assume that a juvenile/adult would be easier to take care of than a baby.

@JacksJill is our jackson's expert and will give you more input

It is
Not a good idea to tak a baby
Take an animal
Minimum 4 months old

it is inethical to sell
Little babies, every serious breeder knows that

Most of the
Keepers keep their animals at to htemperatires

the critical
Konth for Jackson’s is the 3rd month, when many die.

pirxhase yoir froma good breeder and tak 4months and older juveniles

It is
Not a good idea to tak a baby
Take an animal
Minimum 4 months old

it is inethical to sell
Little babies, every serious breeder knows that

Most of the
Keepers keep their animals at to htemperatires

the critical
Konth for Jackson’s is the 3rd month, when many die.

pirxhase yoir froma good breeder and tak 4months and older juveniles

This is the chameleon I would have purchased if I got a baby. I don't think it specifies how old it is though. Correct me if i'm wrong. https://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/baby-rainbow-jacksons-chameleon/

This is the chameleon I would have purchased if I got a baby. I don't think it specifies how old it is though. Correct me if i'm wrong. https://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/baby-rainbow-jacksons-chameleon/

rumors are that this source is extremely bad

what I see is: they iffer feeshly birn jacksons

itnis unethixal

they will extremely die alreasy by the streas from transport

babiea are extremely sensitive and even one-two day lause in food and in oroper prametera can be dayal
I would
Never support auch unethical trade

I would not buy from underground reptiles. I have heard they are not very good.
I would buy from a reputable breeder here on the forums.

What about LLLreptiles? I don't necessarily want a baby but LLLreptiles offers "medium" chameleons which I assume are juveniles?

What about LLLreptiles? I don't necessarily want a baby but LLLreptiles offers "medium" chameleons which I assume are juveniles?
I would buy from them. Yes.

You can always use the search bar, pop in their name, and see what comes up. Usually people will post their experiences.

Alright. Thanks for the help. But do you think medium means juvenile or just a smaller adult?
I would assume it means juvenile.
I feel certain that you can contact them and ask. A good breeder will want to answer your questions.

Make sure that you live in a cooler habitat or you keep your house cool. My home was at 77 and I lost one to parietal gland disease.

I would hesitate to buy from anyone outside of the Jackson's chameleon community or Jackson's Chameleon's fans groups on Facebook that I didn't know well. Both groups for the most part won't sell anything less than 4 months and know what they are doing. @slewis8128 is a good choice and I have some individually raised babies that are almost 6 months but they are jacksonii jacksonii not jacksonii xantholophus.
Never buy a hatchling they can easily die before they reach 4 months if not raised very carefully. Not a beginner exercise.

Back
Top Bottom