Should I be strict about the lights of my room?

Hello,
I was wondering if my Chameleon has his wake/sleep cycle (7:00 AM - 7:00 PM he is awake, 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM he is asleep) should I be strict about the lights in my room? As an example: If I am going to stay in my room past 7:00 PM should I keep the lights off or can I turn them on?

What do you guys do with your Chameleons?

By the way, the Chameleon enclosure is in fact in my room.

If you are turning on a bright light then yes this can disturb them. Especially if it is in the ceiling. I have one touch lamp with the tiny bulb I use next to my bed. It produces enough light for me to see but not enough to disturb my chams. On nights that I have to work late on my computer I use a desk lamp to see but I also cover the front of my cages with a black out curtain that I have cut to fit the front panel and added hooks to it. I remove it when I am done. This keeps their cage dark and undisturbed. But I also have solid back and sides on mine so no additional light gets in.

Thank you. This is helpful.
If you are turning on a bright light then yes this can disturb them. Especially if it is in the ceiling. I have one touch lamp with the tiny bulb I use next to my bed. It produces enough light for me to see but not enough to disturb my chams. On nights that I have to work late on my computer I use a desk lamp to see but I also cover the front of my cages with a black out curtain that I have cut to fit the front panel and added hooks to it. I remove it when I am done. This keeps their cage dark and undisturbed. But I also have solid back and sides on mine so no additional light gets in.
Thank you. This is very helpful.

It's a matter of degrees, variables, & reactions. If, when you turn some particular light on, you see a snoozing lizard and it doesn't seem to be disturbing her/him, it's probably OK.

If, OTOH, you turn on that light and get the stinkeye, s/he's probably trying to tell you something else, if you catch my drift... :rolleyes:

Thank you. This is helpful.

Thank you. This is very helpful.
Your welcome. IMO it does make a difference. I have very planted out enclosures. And if it is bright in the room after they have gone to sleep they do stir if I have not put on the black out curtain. But I do have nights where I have to be up late for work and the black out curtain has worked the last almost 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom