Should I be concerned?

extrajordinary

Established Member
Leo’s latest poop looks weird to me. He only eats crickets so I don’t know why it would be watery or mucous-y. Is this reason for concern or am I just an anxious cham mom?

Attachments

• 4E8424D0-0503-45C0-B20F-972C4E60A793.jpeg
    4E8424D0-0503-45C0-B20F-972C4E60A793.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 101
Leo’s latest poop looks weird to me. He only eats crickets so I don’t know why it would be watery or mucous-y. Is this reason for concern or am I just an anxious cham mom?
I don't see any signs of dehydration. Urate looks nice and white. Poop is a little runny but does not look bad. Have you gotten a fecal done on his stool to make sure there are no parasites?

I don't see any signs of dehydration. Urate looks nice and white. Poop is a little runny but does not look bad. Have you gotten a fecal done on his stool to make sure there are no parasites?
I have not. Could it be runny because of parasites?

I rarely discourage any one from seeing a vet, and I’m not in this case, but I see no reason for a vet visit.

Do you see a doctor every time your stool changes?

Is he displaying any other concerning behaviors?

Last edited:
I rarely discourage any one from seeing a vet, and I’m not in this case, but I see no reason for a vet visit.

Do you see a doctor every time your stool changes?

Is he displaying any other concerning behaviors?
I laughed when I read your response because it seems silly to see a doctor every time my stool changes. :LOL: Which I assume was the point you were trying to make. I would like to avoid the vet if I can, just because I don't want to stress him out if I don't have to. Which is why I always check with all of you when I notice something new or odd! And nope, he's his normal grumpy I-hate-the-world self!

I laughed when I read your response because it seems silly to see a doctor every time my stool changes. :LOL: Which I assume was the point you were trying to make. I would like to avoid the vet if I can, just because I don't want to stress him out if I don't have to. Which is why I always check with all of you when I notice something new or odd! And nope, he's his normal grumpy I-hate-the-world self!
That’s exactly what I was going for! Everyone here loves their Chams and are protective of them, as they should be. And with as many horror stories we see here I find it makes most newer keepers a bit paranoid. Switching the roles usually puts things back into perspective.

Back
Top Bottom