should a first time owner.

A first time owner with a good head on their shoulders would be fine starting with a Panther.

A "OMG MOM I WANT IT" from petsmart should start with a veiled (if not a brown anole ;) )

I think a first time owner is fine with either one as long as they do their research. Start with the one you like best. There is a lot of good info you can learn on here.

Go with a reptible breeder and make sure you have the right setup. And death should not be a problem. Do alot of research.

i think you will do well with either you are already on the right track asking questions here. You will find all the info you need here.
i suggest haveing everything you are going to need setup for a few days before you pick up a cham, also then you can post some pics and if there any areas that need looking at it can be done before there is a cham to worry about.
i would take a look at the "how to ask for help" form in the heath section, if there are any questions that you dont feel you could anwser or understand than that would be a great place to start your reasearch.
be weiry chams are ADDICTIVE but sooooo cool.

hoj

A first time owner with a good head on their shoulders would be fine starting with a Panther.

A "OMG MOM I WANT IT" from petsmart should start with a veiled (if not a brown anole ;) )

So technically, I did the OMG I WANT IT! lol, I saw a baby veiled and had to have it, so I got it. haha

you can get a male but figure on adding an addition $150 to that package for a male. go to www.screameleons.com for the full list of what is offered.

Yes I ment to say that too. Thanks. That set up will include everything you could need for the first few months, (except food of course). Its easier getting everything you need form someone who knows what you need. Rather than going to petsmart/online and searching around with out a clue.

i want to get a panther but i am afraid of paying a large amount of money for it to die:confused:

if this is the point you are, then you are simply not ready for chameleons....as someone else said perhaps you should start with a simpler lizard like a cornsnake or anole

Lllreptile can help, they have great customer service.
keep researching, I held off while I did my homework for about 4 months.
Im a long time pet owner and a mom and I still bug Liddy at Kammerflage....
alot. See hasn't sent me packing yet!

Back
Top Bottom