shorter lifespan from breeding

Takara

Why do females have such a short lifespan if you breed often? I mean they develop and lay infertile eggs anyway.

Just wondering really.

Fertile eggs are larger and more difficult for the female to lay. If you feed less and keep the temps lower is will help your female to lay smaller clutches and sometimes no clutch at all. Every clutch is hard on their little body and every time they lay there's a chance something could go wrong or they could become egg bound.

Fertile eggs are larger and more difficult for the female to lay. If you feed less and keep the temps lower is will help your female to lay smaller clutches and sometimes no clutch at all. Every clutch is hard on their little body and every time they lay there's a chance something could go wrong or they could become egg bound.

Thanks for the reply, what kind of temps do you recommend? I have an Ambanja coming up on 1 year.

Thanks for the reply, what kind of temps do you recommend? I have an Ambanja coming up on 1 year.

I personaly had a female Ambilobie that I kept her basking spot no higher then 80F, and if my room temps cooperated, 78F. between feeding her less then my male, and the temps, her first clutch was at 17 months old.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom