Shopping for a new terrarium in Finland

Rontti

Established Member
I'm looking for a new and bigger terrarium for my adult male veiled chameleon. I currently have him in a 60x45x90 bioactive exo terra terrarium. It's very hard to find glass enclosure that big here in Finland so I'm leaning towards an open air one (maybe zoo med reptibreeze). I just have a few issues I need help with.

1) Can you build a bioactive setup in a screen terrarium? I really enjoy having bioactive soil and wouldn't want to give that up.
2) Does anyone of you know a good store in Europe to buy from that ships to Finland? The pet stores here have ridiculous prices.
3) How hard is it to keep warm during the days in winter? It can sometimes get really cold in our apartment if it's below freezing outside.

Thanks in advance!!

You can also build your own. I can link my build thread if you want to give you some ideas
I would love to look at your creations. Maybe they'll inspire me to start a project of my own! I'm just not very good at woodworks etc.

well I'm not from Europe so I cant help you but if there is like an online type of website where people sell their used things like craigslist that is a great place to look or use facebook I'm sure a lot of retired keepers would be happy to sell you an enclosure for cheap building is also a great option

as for keeping chameleons wrm during the winter, its good to try a ceramic heat bulb those will do great t night because they produce heat without light

I'm looking for a new and bigger terrarium for my adult male veiled chameleon. I currently have him in a 60x45x90 bioactive exo terra terrarium. It's very hard to find glass enclosure that big here in Finland so I'm leaning towards an open air one (maybe zoo med reptibreeze). I just have a few issues I need help with.

1) Can you build a bioactive setup in a screen terrarium? I really enjoy having bioactive soil and wouldn't want to give that up.
2) Does anyone of you know a good store in Europe to buy from that ships to Finland? The pet stores here have ridiculous prices.
3) How hard is it to keep warm during the days in winter? It can sometimes get really cold in our apartment if it's below freezing outside.

Thanks in advance!!
Yes, you can have a bioactive screen viv. Just need an extra deep pan for the base.

Does anyone know a good online store located in Europe? Amazon is always my backup option but I would much rather order from a store focused on reptiles.

Thanks in advance!!

1.I have a veiled in a xl reptibreeze with a bioactive base I lined it with a fabric planter so I wouldt have to worry about adequate drainage

2.No info on Europe

3.It’s not that hard You can get a temp set space heater that turns off at 72f
Humidity can be a problem had to line two sides with plastic

Here’s a picture
63ABF49D-5C2B-423D-8DA3-B0E1247976B1.jpeg

EA487F8D-EFB8-486D-9559-C6467F9B628F.jpeg
Also bioactive in my mourning geckos enclosure(18x18x36in)with no liner substrate directly on the screen for about 2 months now with no issues.

1.I have a veiled in a xl reptibreeze with a bioactive base I lined it with a fabric planter so I wouldt have to worry about adequate drainage

2.No info on Europe

3.It’s not that hard You can get a temp set space heater that turns off at 72f
Humidity can be a problem had to line two sides with plastic

Here’s a picture
View attachment 218113
Thank you! I'm also thinking of getting the reptibreeze xl. Got some great ideas from your setups which looks great btw!

Back
Top Bottom