Shipping with holes in the box

Raphael1047

Established Member
I am shipping a chameleon with Phase 22 packs and with a couple holes in the box. I was wondering if anyone prepares the box differently with phase 22 packs then with ice or heat pack? For example: no holes in the box.

I am shipping a chameleon with Phase 22 packs and with a couple holes in the box. I was wondering if anyone prepares the box differently with phase 22 packs then with ice or heat pack? For example: no holes in the box.

Does SYR use Phase 22 packs? They are the temp phase changing type packs right? Maybe SYR could advise. It seems to me you'd want ventilation in the inner container as usual, but I doubt you'd need actual holes in the outerbox as long as the seams and corners aren't completely taped shut. There should be enough air exchange.

I don't think they made the phase 22 packs when I shipped the Luie and Camille babies but I did use cold packs from SYR and I did punch holes in the outer box and the styrofoam inter box. I also shipped in the little brown paper bags and punched holes in those too. I hope all is going well with your shipping. It's a scary thing to do. You might find my old shipping thread helpful. I used the method in post #14 and #23 and all babies arrived safely. I did drop off at the hub late evening, right before they closed and made everyone pick up at their hub the next morning.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/shipping-babies-tell-me-how-do-41072/

Back
Top Bottom