Shipping weather

Aliciax3

I am planning on ordering two female Pygmy chameleons from flchams tomorrow but I am a little worried about the weather. I live in Chicago so it's relatively cold during the winter. We have recently been hit with a warm front this week, bringing the temperature up to about 40-45 degrees for the next few days. Since these will be my first chameleons I'm worried that it is too cold to ship them safely.

Is it ok to ship them in this weather? Or should I wait until it gets warmer?

I'm really excited to be getting them, but I don't want to risk them dying.

FLChams won't ship unless they think it is safe. No worries. From here they go through Louisville-and the temps are really decent-it looks like above 50 all week and above 40 for you in Chicago.

You're smart to be asking. FL Chams shipped one of my chameleons to me in some cold weather about 2 weeks ago. I thought he was dead when I opened the box. But he was just cold and stressed. If you know for sure the weather will be a little warmer, then go ahead and have them ship it. However remember, you only want them to ship on a Mon for Tues, Tues for Weds or Weds for Thurs. Don't do a Thurs for Fri because they don't consider weekends a business day and if they run into bad weather, there's a chance that your chams could get held back all weekend long. (They won't survive that) I know some keepers who have ordered and had shipped on days towards the weekend. Their packages were delayed due to storms. Some chams made it while others didn't. Its a risk you don't want to take.

Ok that makes me feel a lot better haha. I've been checking the weather and it looks good for the next few days so I hope it stays like this. And I am getting them shipped wednesday for Thursday arrival because it's the only day il be home to get them.

Thanks for the replies and i will be sure to post pics once they are here :)

Back
Top Bottom