Shipping Reccomendation

ChameleonAlley

Hey all,

I just shipped my first chams the other day. Everything went great through UPS. I just had a question about shipping. I charged a flat rate of $50, but then when I got to UPS it ended up costing me almost $90. This was just over nighting to Texas, and the package was not very large at all.

I'm just curious if most people eat a lot of the money in shipping when they're charging $40 to $50 or there's some better way that I don't know about. Thanks a ton guys and gals.

Hey all,

I just shipped my first chams the other day. Everything went great through UPS. I just had a question about shipping. I charged a flat rate of $50, but then when I got to UPS it ended up costing me almost $90. This was just over nighting to Texas, and the package was not very large at all.

I'm just curious if most people eat a lot of the money in shipping when they're charging $40 to $50 or there's some better way that I don't know about. Thanks a ton guys and gals.
I have never shipped any type of live animal, but I will use my e-baying experience since I do sell here and there. I had to ship a Gucci handbag to TX as a matter of fact. I only charged her $20.00 for the shipping, well after the fact I forgot I had to insure the dang thing and it ended up being about $60.00. The only thing you can do is learn from this experience or you can get a hold of the customer and explain the situation, and pray for the best. Some people do not mind chipping in if the understand the circumstance. Gd luck.:) So long story short she did end up paying me some of the additional shipping cost’s.

Hey thanks for the response! Wow, that's expensive shipping on that bag. It was my bad for not finding out first, I'm not worried about getting paid the difference. That's what I told the person, and that's what it is. No worries on that.

I just want to see if there's some other way to do it through FedEx or UPS that's cheaper. I used to have an account with UPS, but even so, it would have only been $5.00 less.

Start an account with shipyourreptiles.com. You will get a little discount. The discount was better when they used UPS but now they use FedEx.

You're the man Jared! I will do it on Monday. I just didn't expect $90 shipping. Wish they still used UPS. I've never had a problem with UPS.

Hey thanks for the response! Wow, that's expensive shipping on that bag. It was my bad for not finding out first, I'm not worried about getting paid the difference. That's what I told the person, and that's what it is. No worries on that.

I just want to see if there's some other way to do it through FedEx or UPS that's cheaper. I used to have an account with UPS, but even so, it would have only been $5.00 less.

I left that part out, but did want her to know of course she would have found out because the postage was on the shipping label. It was still nice of her to help out partially for the shipping. Things can be more expensive then expected! i really wanted her to know just in case she was not happy with the bag so she would send it insured for the grand like I did! yes, it was a very expensive handbag. I miss it, and now trying to ebay my Gucci Newton runway booties which no one can get anymore, but nobody wants to pay the price for a timeless classic, I am about to try and trade them on here lol for another Cham and cage:rolleyes: ! urghhh. Enough about me next time you know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom