Shipping discounts?

AFH

Avid Member
Anyone know of a good place to get discount overnight shipping? It seems most of the places I have used in the past are having issues with the carriers or something else.

If you're not a regular shipper, where do you go to get the discount? Last time I shipped overnight it was between $40 and $50. Now I can't get a quote for less than $61 from UPS or Fed Ex directly.

Anyone know of a good place to get discount overnight shipping? It seems most of the places I have used in the past are having issues with the carriers or something else.

If you're not a regular shipper, where do you go to get the discount? Last time I shipped overnight it was between $40 and $50. Now I can't get a quote for less than $61 from UPS or Fed Ex directly.

Let me know when you find out.

Hows it been, Alex?!?!?!

Is shipyourreptiles.com still not able to offer their discount? I got some shipping stuff from them recently but never checked if they were offering the discounts still.

Guess this answers my question.

A note to our valued customers

WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING THROUGH TECHNICAL ISSUES.
WE WILL RESUME SHIPPING SERVICES AS SOON AS WE CAN.

This is who I use/used to get discounts through UPS. Hopefully they will get things ironed out soon.

I would never use them since "overnight" doesn't mean "overnight priority".
just food for thought.

Harry

Jared - doing well! I've seen you've gotten into more of the offbeat chams. Hope you're still thrashing though.

Yeah, I usually use Shipyourreptiles (without any problems), but it appears they've had some issues for some time. I found another site online, but it said they aren't allowed to print UPS labels anymore. That's why I was looking for something esle.

Pssh - that's site's Canadian, but I may check and see if they can issue labels so I can ship from here.

Jared - doing well! I've seen you've gotten into more of the offbeat chams. Hope you're still thrashing though.

Yeah, I usually use Shipyourreptiles (without any problems), but it appears they've had some issues for some time. I found another site online, but it said they aren't allowed to print UPS labels anymore. That's why I was looking for something esle.

Pssh - that's site's Canadian, but I may check and see if they can issue labels so I can ship from here.

Glad to hear you are doing well! Yeah, I have gotten into some of the more offbeat chams but I am definitely still thrashing! I can assume the same for you?

I have used shipyourreptiles without any problems besides the one time a package showed up in CO instead of FL but that was UPS's fault.

If you find any good deals let me know! Ill be needing to send out quite a few packages soon and always like to save the customer as much as possible.

Glad to hear you are doing well! Yeah, I have gotten into some of the more offbeat chams but I am definitely still thrashing! I can assume the same for you?

I have used shipyourreptiles without any problems besides the one time a package showed up in CO instead of FL but that was UPS's fault.

If you find any good deals let me know! Ill be needing to send out quite a few packages soon and always like to save the customer as much as possible.

That shipnex.com site looks promising. I've got one male carpet I'm trying to sell, so I'll let you know how it works if I can find a buyer.

I finished another CD right before Thanksgiving. If you want a copy, PM me your address again.

Now I can't get a quote for less than $61 from UPS or Fed Ex directly.
After mail bombings etc. rates have gone up significantly because I guess government is going to make it mandatory they install machines that "sniff" for the bombs, basically...
Is shipyourreptiles.com still not able to offer their discount? I got some shipping stuff from them recently but never checked if they were offering the discounts still.
SYR has been out for weeks. Their contract with UPS was nullified after some snake thing going on. So... they are done.

Reptiles Express is getting their cheap shipping from some other company, a cricket company I think?

Give this a read if you have the chance:
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43346&highlight=reptiles+express

Come on guys, get in on all the juicy gossip already.

After mail bombings etc. rates have gone up significantly because I guess government is going to make it mandatory they install machines that "sniff" for the bombs, basically...

SYR has been out for weeks. Their contract with UPS was nullified after some snake thing going on. So... they are done.

Reptiles Express is getting their cheap shipping from some other company, a cricket company I think?

Give this a read if you have the chance:
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43346&highlight=reptiles+express

Come on guys, get in on all the juicy gossip already.

I dont belong to that forum so I cant view the page and quite frankly I dont care about geckos or any other reptiles so I dont feel the need to become a member:p

I dont belong to that forum so I cant view the page and quite frankly I dont care about geckos or any other reptiles so I dont feel the need to become a member:p
Unfortunately it's hard to get all of the information into one post, sorry.

Weather delays are a huge problem right now (UPS is based in Atlanta and that airport is experiencing severe problems.) So, be careful about any shipments now.

My packages actually go to Louisville KY and then shipped to wherever inside the states but. Regardless of what major hub they go to, that is a good thought for this thread. It is important to know where your packages head to get sorted. Knowing the weather there is just as important as knowing it for your location and location of the destination.

From a recent SYR email:

ShipYourReptiles.com
ShipYourReptiles.com is now an official FedEx-certified live reptile shipper. We are in the final stages of re-activating our reptile shipping service.

• ShipYourReptiles.com customers can ship live reptiles, including snakes, to businesses or residences.
  • Because we are FedEx live certified, you don't have to be.
  • Thanks to our customer support team, you'll continue to get the same level of customer service as a million-dollar shipper.
  • With FedEx Priority Overnight service, you'll enjoy guaranteed 10:30 a.m. arrival to most addresses.
  • You'll get a great rate!
[...]

ShipYourReptiles.com is certified to ship live reptiles, including snakes, to businesses and residences using FedEx Priority Overnight service. We are very excited about our FedEx partnership, and we hope to add more services in the future.
We will contact you when ShipYourReptiles.com is fully operational.
Thanks for your support,
-- [email protected]

What is really irritating is the fact they were beating around the bush and not actually saying UPS cut them off of their contract. Instead they said there was something wrong with some silly internet/tech thing and tried to offset the actual reason for as long as possible. My best bet is that they didn't want people switching to other companies and wait until the "tech" problem was fixed... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom