Shipping anxiety!

maxttu

Boy, even after having a Cham shipped to me (Walker) and talking with two very knowledgeable breeders (thanks Biffle and Texas Ranger!!!), I'm having serious anxiety about shipping out my 1st Cham next week!

Anyone else freak out before when shipping out your 1st Cham?!? :eek:

I freaked out big time! I shipped my first one last week and was so nervous. But everything went well, he got to his new home safe and sound and is a happy boy.

every time. just keep an eye on the temps and make sure to check fedex service alerts for any service disruptions before you ship him out. if you pack him well and the weather is good, it should be alright.

When I ship animals, I include one or two Phase 22 panels to moderate temps. They cost about $6 each, but are well worth it. I've shipped very temperature sensitive dart frogs in hot and cold weather and have never had any problems when I used the Phase 22 panels. I also recommend that people have the boxes shipped to the nearest FedEx location to hold for pickup. This reduces the amount of time the box spends on a potentially hot truck being transported from the FedEx location to the delivery address. It also reduces the cost of shipping a bit over residential delivery.

I know that a lot of members use one of the two preferred reptile shippers. What are the pros/cons of just going straight thru FedEx?

***edit*** oh, and thanks for y'all's input! :)

I know that a lot of members use one of the two preferred reptile shippers. What are the pros/cons of just going straight thru FedEx?

***edit*** oh, and thanks for y'all's input! :)
i don't think you can ship live animals w/o having been approved to ship directly through fedex. it's not a hard process but it does take a few weeks. if you're not going to really ship a lot of animals, it's a lot easier to do it via 3rd party reptile shippers.

I've never had any problems just goin gto Fedex with a box and ahipping the animal. I've done several animals like this. I've never heard of a process you had to go through, but they must not be very rigid about requiring it, it seems.

hmmm. the fedex over by my area wouldn't allow me to just drop off a live animal, even at the hub. they all actually looked at me like i was crazy. lol.

You save money going threw a reptile shipping company like reptiles express. And man the nerves filling will never stop shipping them I freak out every time.

Use one of the shipping companies. Debbie at Reptiles Express is fantastic. It was nerve-wracking at first, but it gets much easier. Watch temps, use good boxes, label it well, heat and cool as necessary, check and double-check your spelling on your label, and you'll be fine :)

I have both shipped some out and received some in. If I don't hear from the person getting it right away I am on the phone. I follow tracking like a nut. I hate shipping. There is no option where I live but I HATE IT!!!

I have both shipped some out and received some in. If I don't hear from the person getting it right away I am on the phone. I follow tracking like a nut. I hate shipping. There is no option where I live but I HATE IT!!!

I'll be a wreck come next Wednesday. :eek:

Lol

Im sure that I'll have a panic attack when I start breeding and shipping. But thats another 1 1/2 to 2 years to go.

Just dropped him off at the FedEx office. :( BoooooHooooHoooo!! Safe travels, lil buddy! Write me some time... :)

Long story short: lil buddy didn't get shipped out last night. I spent the better part of 2hrs fighting with my local FedEx office. Apparently, I was supposed to take him to the "hub"? This info I didn't have and it took them 10 phone calls to direct me in the right direction. So frustrating. He'll be shipping out on Monday. Poor guy has to be boxed up twice. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom