Shedding

chellybean

I was wondering how old a Jackson is when they start shedding? My Jackson Mombo is between 5-7 months and no signs of shedding yet..thanks so much:)

theres really no set age on shedding, just happens when they grow. babies shed more often and quicker than adults. my male veiled who is like 10 months old only sheds like once every couple months while my younger panther sheds more often

he might not go into full sheds either. my veiled rarley fully sheds anymore, he will just shed random parts like his head and then like month later his feet willshed and so on.

it is different between chams but when they are younger generally once a month. Also it is common for the cham to eat the skin after they shed, so if you are not home when it happens, there may not be any evidence that he shed. =)
my newest cham finally shed with me, and it took him about 6 hours to get all his skin off.
If you do notice him shedding try and make sure the humidity is up and everything as it does help a lot.

I was wondering how old a Jackson is when they start shedding? My Jackson Mombo is between 5-7 months and no signs of shedding yet..thanks so much:)

How long has he been in your care?
I think youve said you got him recently, but I dont remember:eek:

I have baby veileds I purchased Jan 8. My female shed for the first time a few days ago and the male shed today. The male was just finishing a she when I got him. They're growing so fast. I want to see more color!:D

Back
Top Bottom