Shedding

Schick2583

What's the average length of time for a 4-5 month old male veiled to finish shedding? Mine started shedding March 12th and is still shedding.

that is a little unusual. usually at that age they just about explode out of their skin. Well atleast that was the case with my cham. At 4 or 5 months it took a matter of a day or hours. I do know as they mature they shed less and less and when they become adults they usually don't do whole body sheds, but shed in parts. Have you tried misting him directly with warm water, or taking him in the shower? Is your humidity ok?

You need to up the humidity. He should be able to finish that shed in a day.

LPR08

the humidity is between 55-65% I have a dripper in the cage and I mist it 2-4 times a day. I'm trying to upload pics. to show whats left on him but its saying the file is too big

the humidity is between 55-65% I have a dripper in the cage and I mist it 2-4 times a day. I'm trying to upload pics. to show whats left on him but its saying the file is too big

go to photobucket.com and open an account. It is easy and free and you can download pics on there and copy and paste them on here.

Schick2583

Schick2583

no pics! You have to copy the last link. They give you like 4 options. I have made that mistake also. Before you post on here, you can preview your post to make sure the pics are there.

Try misting him. All my youngins shed in a day. Now my adult takes longer even with heavy misting and humidity.

Hopefully he will get that stuff off his head by rubbing. It looks like it is pretty loose. I would not advise pulling any skin off, even if it drives you crazy! He is a cute little fella!

pascal3.jpg

This pic was just taken about an hour ago. He seems fine other than the shedding. This is my first Chameleon I use to have Igunana's and they would shed in a day or 2 so I wasn't sure if this was normal or not for a chameleon.

No it is just some people don't know about the spurs and end up having a female! That is really the way to tell them apart until they get older and get their coloring.

yea that's what i've read. That was the first thing I checked when I was at the petstore, I didn't want to get a female I was afraid of the egg binding being it's my first chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom