Shedding

Not too sure how old. He was super young when I got him back in February so not sure. I feed him regularly and was also worried that he was too small but idk. Yes he eats like crazy too has never had a problem with that.
How much is he eating and how often?

Oh sorry and he eats almost every day. He goes no more than two days without food.
Do you have pics of when you got him in February? I’m trying to figure out how old he is. Based on size now he still looks young. Where did you get him from? Honestly 2-3 large crickets is not much for a growing Chameleon. Have you gotten a fecal done to make sure he does not have a parasite issue?

Do you have pics of when you got him in February? I’m trying to figure out how old he is. Based on size now he still looks young. Where did you get him from? Honestly 2-3 large crickets is not much for a growing Chameleon. Have you gotten a fecal done to make sure he does not have a parasite issue?
Honestly I don’t and I haven’t gotten him checked yet either. Do you think it could be an issue? He’s super active, happy and aware. He eats well and loves to be handled so I’ve been assuming he’s ok. I thought it was a lack of uvb as a reason to why he is growing this way. Haven’t gotten a fecal test because I haven’t been worried until now..

Honestly I don’t and I haven’t gotten him checked yet either. Do you think it could be an issue? He’s super active, happy and aware. He eats well and loves to be handled so I’ve been assuming he’s ok. I thought it was a lack of uvb as a reason to why he is growing this way. Haven’t gotten a fecal test because I haven’t been worried until now..
I’ve been scared to give him larger crickets until recently also. Maybe feeding him more of those will help.

I’ve been scared to give him larger crickets until recently also. Maybe feeding him more of those will help.
So I don't feed huge feeders. I always feed mediums. It can be harder for them to take down large feeders and bite risk is higher. But IMO your not feeding enough. There may not be a parasite issue but the fact that your not feeding much will not help either. I would be feeding more like 8 feeders each day. He has not grown a lot. And yes incorrect UVB can impact them but lack of food does too. Say he was very young when you got him 4 weeks old. That still only puts him at about 10 months old now. And his size is small for a ten month old cham. Reduction in feeder amounts and taking them off daily schedule should be done based on the cham. Your cham is not ready yet.

Have you filled out a husbandry form yet?

Back
Top Bottom