Shedding

Mlipinski

I was just curious my chameleon shed a few days ago and now his legs and tail look really pale. He hasn’t started shedding on his tail yet should I be worried because of the color difference? He eats normal is really happy and active. Thanks.

I was just curious my chameleon shed a few days ago and now his legs and tail look really pale. He hasn’t started shedding on his tail yet should I be worried because of the color difference? He eats normal is really happy and active. Thanks
Hello! Nope, no worries. That's normal! They can shed different sections at different times The only time you should worry & help is if the shed is starting to constrict an area around legs, tail etc stopping blood flow. ♡ always feel free to ask questions. Tons of amazing people here to help you.

Just to show you guys an idea of what he looks like thank you again.

Attachments

• 0D7D2A3A-453A-4863-BE6E-08BB6690A1C8.jpeg
    0D7D2A3A-453A-4863-BE6E-08BB6690A1C8.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 99
Does he have nubs on both hind feet? Couldnt tell from the pic? the shedding is fine. It seems With mine, the older he gets, he sheds in sections sometimes weeks apart. also the lighter it is usually means a thicker shed which comes off much better. Nice looking cham you got there.

Does he have nubs on both hind feet? Couldnt tell from the pic? the shedding is fine. It seems With mine, the older he gets, he sheds in sections sometimes weeks apart. also the lighter it is usually means a thicker shed which comes off much better. Nice looking cham you got there.
So it’s been a while and he still hasn’t shed that part should I be worried now?

No, it can sometimes take longer for them to shed a section. If your husbandry is spot on there is nothing to worry about. But he is pretty thin.. Is he eating well for you? How old is he?
Not too sure how old. He was super young when I got him back in February so not sure. I feed him regularly and was also worried that he was too small but idk. Yes he eats like crazy too has never had a problem with that.

Back
Top Bottom