Shedding

Sky11

I just got my panther chameleon like 3 days ago and he already started shedding! He started shedding yesterday around 12 and I noticed there’s still little pieces on his back and the top of his head and I was wondering if that’s normal or is it stuck on there? I thought I read younger chams should shed within a few hours I don’t know though. None of them are like a band restricting anything they’re just little flakes now but they’ve been there for like 8 hours

Its normal, my guys 1st shed took around 2days and he was around 4 months old. 2nd shed(4 weeks later) it took about a day. Humidity and husbandry have a big role too. You have any photos?

I just got my panther chameleon like 3 days ago and he already started shedding! He started shedding yesterday around 12 and I noticed there’s still little pieces on his back and the top of his head and I was wondering if that’s normal or is it stuck on there? I thought I read younger chams should shed within a few hours I don’t know though. None of them are like a band restricting anything they’re just little flakes now but they’ve been there for like 8 hours
They all shed at dfrrent rates. But it dose depends on your humidity. Let him dry out. Should help the shed.

Hey again. So seems like the shedding went well but there's really tiny little pieces still on the side of him. He started shedding about 5 days ago. I'm not sure if I should just leave it or what to do. He's still scared of me so it would be hard to get it off if I had to but I'll do what it takes. Let me know what you guys think.

If its not cutting the blood circulation on feet or tail, no need to help him, it is not recommended to pull their shed. He will scratch it off. Make sure your humidity and husbandry is on point

Just leave it and it will probably come off on its own. Even if it stays it will come off with the next shed. Seems like mine
Always has a little speck somewhere on him. Won't hurt unless it is constricting.

Like everyone else said, it's normal. Try misting it, sometimes that helps. Eventually, it will fall off. Just make sure it isn't getting infected or cutting circulation.

Back
Top Bottom