Shedding question

Wow, didn't mean for this to become a debate about feeding, but right on! I actually feed trogdor about 15-20 medium crickets a day and I think he is too skinny.

Sorry, worked from 8 am to 12 pm and then went to the show, and then today worked 11 to 830 but anyways where were we on this subject?

Edit: tomorrow i worj from 12 to 7 ;( so hopefuly we can talk about it tonight.

How long did they live? How much were they fed? Did they feed the same amount to the females? How much did he feed the juveniles? I'm curious about this and would love to be proven wrong for the sake of learning something new :D.

-Jake

Thats where we left off Googlez.

I dont know how long the females lived, but i do know 100% that they never had any problems, prolapse or anything, i will find out when i talk to them again. I do know the males were 5-6 ish when they were sold or given away because the owner didnt want to watch the cham die. They did in fact feed the same way to females, but not the same amount. Gave them as much food as they wanted/were interested in. The panther clutches were about 35. The juveniles were fed similarly, but we all know a juvy can put down 30 1/4 crickets anyday. Its about the size and ammount. So in that case i would have to say the juveniles were probably fed accordingly to what most people advise.

The thing is i cant prove you wrong because there wasnt a full scientific study with data graphs and charts, but i was just trying to say if we all only listen to one type of way to treat an animal it doesnt sound much fun does it?! As long as there is no sure tell signs for me that i am doing something wrong for my chams then i think i am doing wel for them :) That may come off a little naive, but so far i have raised 10 little rascals from the 3 month range and all are doing fine. My only cham that died was Googles and she had kidney disease. Dr. Greek told me my husbandry was so good that is kept her alive till she was 7-8 months when she should have died at 3-4 months.

I dont know how long the females lived, but i do know 100% that they never had any problems, prolapse or anything, i will find out when i talk to them again. I do know the males were 5-6 ish when they were sold or given away because the owner didnt want to watch the cham die. They did in fact feed the same way to females, but not the same amount. Gave them as much food as they wanted/were interested in. The panther clutches were about 35. The juveniles were fed similarly, but we all know a juvy can put down 30 1/4 crickets anyday. Its about the size and ammount. So in that case i would have to say the juveniles were probably fed accordingly to what most people advise.

The thing is i cant prove you wrong because there wasnt a full scientific study with data graphs and charts, but i was just trying to say if we all only listen to one type of way to treat an animal it doesnt sound much fun does it?! As long as there is no sure tell signs for me that i am doing something wrong for my chams then i think i am doing wel for them :) That may come off a little naive, but so far i have raised 10 little rascals from the 3 month range and all are doing fine. My only cham that died was Googles and she had kidney disease. Dr. Greek told me my husbandry was so good that is kept her alive till she was 7-8 months when she should have died at 3-4 months.

I have to add to what you've said. I know very successful breeders, meaning: they have healthy live chams, and have for years. They all say the same thing, "If people on the forum really knew what I do with my Chams, they'd have a field day with me."

Some breeders use various plants not on the "recommended list" but have no known poison to humans. Some breeders feed other animals to their Chams. Some breeders break the "temperature rules" and still they have bred successfully thriving animals. These are just a few mild examples of thinking outside of the box.

Bottom line, we are all concerned about giving the best care for animals, but at some point we do have to reach beyond the forum grid to see what works.

I'm sure if anyone's reading this they're either nodding their head or they think I'm koo-koo. :)

In the end no matter what techniques we value, if they're healthy and thriving, we're doing something right!

Back
Top Bottom