Shedding? or is there a bigger issue?

Presley_Veiled

Hi, I'm new here and I'm anxious to post, but I need to make sure my little dude is okay. He is a Veiled Cham and I was told he is roughly 3 months old, I've only had him for two days, so I understand him being shy and a little scared/freaked out. Although, he's not as bad as I was preparing for. So, I know he is shedding because I can see the small white flakes, but he is tightening his body, and I can see his ribcage(?) I'm not sure if he is trying to help his shedding prosses or if something is wrong. If I need to post photos of his tank cage you can ask, but here are some photos on his body. He doesn't do this all the time, but he does it a lot.

Attachments

• cham2.jpg
    cham2.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 146
  • cham1.jpg
    cham1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 155
The thin themselves making them appear larger from the side when they feel nervous or threatened. I imagine that’s why your seeing rib bones otherwise pretty normal just make sure to keep the climate humid for the shedding process

I agree with better pics and photo of the enclosure. I see what look like a spur on the hind foot so I'd say male. More pics cant hurt. I also cringe when a new keeper mentions "tank" when describing the enclosure... Hoping it isnt a fish tank....

Wow... I was not expecting this, thank you all for reaching back! Here are some photos of his encloser (sorry for saying tank, I just wanted to stay away from the word "cage", it makes me upset to call it a cage.. and tank was the first thing to pop into my mind.) He is doing much better today! More vibrant because he is developing more color, not much cus he is young, but he is so beautiful and he is a little more energetic. I'll also leave a few photos of the back grabbygrabers.
Also if you have any constructive criticism on how his set up is, PLEASE say it. I did my research before I invested in my little man, but there is always more to learn I may have missed something and I need to know. I'd do anything for this little guy. Again thank you all so much! (oh and before anyone says anything lol I'm getting a mesh encloser in a few months with a humitifier and soon a plant. no live plants yet but soon)

Attachments

• philslights.jpg
    philslights.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 59
  • philshome2.jpg
    philshome2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 75
  • philshome1.jpg
    philshome1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 97
  • philfeet2.jpg
    philfeet2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Philfeet1.jpg
    Philfeet1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 66
Wow... I was not expecting this, thank you all for reaching back! Here are some photos of his encloser (sorry for saying tank, I just wanted to stay away from the word "cage", it makes me upset to call it a cage.. and tank was the first thing to pop into my mind.) He is doing much better today! More vibrant because he is developing more color, not much cus he is young, but he is so beautiful and he is a little more energetic. I'll also leave a few photos of the back grabbygrabers.
Also if you have any constructive criticism on how his set up is, PLEASE say it. I did my research before I invested in my little man, but there is always more to learn I may have missed something and I need to know. I'd do anything for this little guy. Again thank you all so much! (oh and before anyone says anything lol I'm getting a mesh encloser in a few months with a humitifier and soon a plant. no live plants yet but soon)
Cute little boy. So as I mentioned before filling out the form will be very beneficial to you. Your lighting needs to be upgraded from the compact uvb bulb to a T5 or T8 fixture with a 5.0 or 6% Arcadia uvb bulb. The sub strait you have in the bottom of the enclosure is not optimal if he eats it which veileds like to do he can become impacted. Based on his size you need to upgrade his enclosure sooner then later. He will grow very quickly over the next 8 weeks or so and will desperatly need the climbing room. Also with the set up you have now it does look like a fishtank.... you can have issues with stagnant air leading to a Respiratory Infection. No Bueno for the little man and would require a vet trip and meds. :( Anyways if you would like more feedback the form is the best way for us to get a clear idea of your entire husbandry and be able to give you proper advice. Be detailed in your answers :)

Back
Top Bottom