Shed stuck on face

erik775

Established Member
So my nosey be shed like 2 almost 3 weeks ago and he still hasnt shed his whole face i can see the line where the shedd stoped...is there any thing i can do to make him shed it off or should i just leave it?and if it doesnt come off will it effect him in any way?i mist him like 5 times a day for 5min each time to he get a nice heavy misting every day...

You may want to try putting him in the shower for a time. What I have seen recommended is to put a plant in your shower, put the chameleon on the plant then turn the shower on using warm water so the water is directed AWAY from the chameleon and towards the wall so the water will bounce off the wall and onto the cham. I have seen recommended times be anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. I cannot personally recommend this as I have no shower:( but I would say the majority of keepers will do this for their cham at least on a daily basis.

Yeah do the shower method and maybe use warmer misting water. Just make sure you DONT pick it off yourself, you can damage their skin.

Check your humidity also, they need higher RH when shedding.

Make sure he is not to close to his basking bulb.

I use warm water to mist them with when I see they are shedding.
Just a light mist, not to get them soaking wet, my panther and veiled's don't like being misted directly. They run and hide!

If your room is dry, you may want to look into getting a humidifier.

Check your humidity also, they need higher RH when shedding.

Make sure he is not to close to his basking bulb.

I use warm water to mist them with when I see they are shedding.
Just a light mist, not to get them soaking wet, my panther and veiled's don't like being misted directly. They run and hide!

If your room is dry, you may want to look into getting a humidifier.

Hmmm...our living room is kinda dry...ill see if i can get a humidifier...but,our house it really old like victorian old...with no insulation what so ever so it gets pretty dry and cold in our house but we are remodeling and putting insulation in the walls...im not too sure if the humidifier will keep it humid in there...unless i put it really coffee top the cage...but for suee imma try the warm shower today...

Hmmm...our living room is kinda dry...ill see if i can get a humidifier...but,our house it really old like victorian old...with no insulation what so ever so it gets pretty dry and cold in our house but we are remodeling and putting insulation in the walls...im not too sure if the humidifier will keep it humid in there...unless i put it really coffee top the cage...but for suee imma try the warm shower today...

An easier way to do the warm shower is to use a quart or large size spray bottle, one that you can adjust the spray, from a fine mist, to a coarse spray.

Just spray him from above (like rain), and use the whole bottle.

If you do it right, don't spray too hard, he will probably enjoy it, just make sure you have drainage so the water has somewhere to go.

If he likes it, you can do this once a day. He may drink from it as well.

I keep my spray bottles on a under tank, terrarium heating mat, so the water is always warm, but you could also put some water in the microwave, just be sure to test it on yourself so it's not hot, just warm.

Same problem, stuck shed. He has 2 humidifiers, a Mist King, and my spritzing. The trouble is that my apartment thermostat isn't inside this apartment, but is located elsewhere. I've tried showers, direct misting, opening a window when it's not too cold or is raining. Is there any hope at all that aloe vera + water could be of use? Thanks for any suggestions. If he is in the shower for even 5 minutes he turns yellow!

Same problem, stuck shed. He has 2 humidifiers, a Mist King, and my spritzing. The trouble is that my apartment thermostat isn't inside this apartment, but is located elsewhere. I've tried showers, direct misting, opening a window when it's not too cold or is raining. Is there any hope at all that aloe vera + water could be of use? Thanks for any suggestions. If he is in the shower for even 5 minutes he turns yellow!

Hi, I noticed a few months have past. Have you resolved your inquiry? I am a new owner and he arrived a few days ago with some stuck shed on his face. Now he seems to be starting a new shed cycle. Was wondering if you had some tips?

Back
Top Bottom