Shed problem

JessG

I’ve had my girl Penelope for a month. We are on her second shed. Both times, she’s shed her tail. And rest of body awhile later. Any reason why? I mist her 4/5 times a day for at least 3 minutes. In the process of getting a mist king. I have live plants in her cage and a Dripper. She is also around 5 months I believe.

Attachments

• 28BBE398-0B8C-49B5-A3E2-189D68A7C6A0.jpeg
    28BBE398-0B8C-49B5-A3E2-189D68A7C6A0.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 5E0A3250-05C6-469C-8C7C-256223143CAD.jpeg
    5E0A3250-05C6-469C-8C7C-256223143CAD.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 203
My chameleon just went through a full-body shed, and this is how she did it. Sometimes they take a while longer to shed. Sometimes they will only shed a single part of their body, such as their head or their tail, but that is usually when they get older. As long as you keep misting her and increase the humidity a bit then it should be fine. My veiled had that same little flap of dead skin except on her back and then she ended up rubbing it off. Keep an eye on her and make sure not to interfere with the shedding process because that might damage the skin underneath. If dead skin is staying on a limb such as the tail or a foot for more than a couple weeks with no sign of improvement, then I think you should post a picture or take her to the vet so the veterinarian can deal with the skin. It is not smart to take matters into your own hands, especially when you are dealing with fragile animals such as the chameleon.Good luck, and she seems to be doing well. Hi Penelope! :)

My chameleon just went through a full-body shed, and this is how she did it. Sometimes they take a while longer to shed. Sometimes they will only shed a single part of their body, such as their head or their tail, but that is usually when they get older. As long as you keep misting her and increase the humidity a bit then it should be fine. My veiled had that same little flap of dead skin except on her back and then she ended up rubbing it off. Keep an eye on her and make sure not to interfere with the shedding process because that might damage the skin underneath. If dead skin is staying on a limb such as the tail or a foot for more than a couple weeks with no sign of improvement, then I think you should post a picture or take her to the vet so the veterinarian can deal with the skin. It is not smart to take matters into your own hands, especially when you are dealing with fragile animals such as the chameleon.Good luck, and she seems to be doing well. Hi Penelope! :)
She seems great otherwise. I know they shed part by part when they are older. But she’s still a baby! Hoping when I get the mistking in, things will improve. Also added a few more live plants to try and keep her humidity up!

Back
Top Bottom