She wants out all the time! Advice?

damionvincent

Hi everyone
My five month old female veiled 'Cleo' is becoming more confident and I've been doing a lot of work with her to gain trust etc. She has her enclosure and a tree plant by my front window. Everyday she is at her door wanting to get out to sit in her tree. I keep her in as much as I can so that she gets her heat and uvb. When she sits on her tree she has the sun beaming on her. When I open her door she will walk across the sofa and into the tree. I can sit right next to her and she will come to the front of the tree to see me (probably thinking I have food). You can see the distance in the pictures. Anyway, do you have chams who want out? Any advice you would give? I'm glad I have an active little girl,she doesn't puff or hiss at me,only once when she was really tiny,thanks for reading
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Once they get a taste of that freedom...there's no turning back. I have to ask why the rocks in the bottom of the cage? I would just worry if she took a fall and landed on those. :)

A lot of chams love to be out of their cages...can't blame them Lol! Many people have mini free ranges like a tree like you have now.
What you could do is add a basking light and a UVB light. You could probably get a couple of cheap clamp lamps from Lowes or Home Depot and clip them right onto your CD shelf just as long as she can reach them.

Back
Top Bottom