she stopped digging?

heather29

We have a sheet over her cage so she won't be disturbed, we checked on her before we went to the lake. Fed her and gave her water. When we got back she was in a tunnel. I know the picture is horrible...I turned flash off and was trying not to disturb her. But now she's at the top of her cage and the tunnel is still there. You think she's raking a break....or was that a test tunnel. Should I look for eggs or wait?
1011361_10151764113393793_1425171961_n.jpg

congrats, did you candle them to make sure they are good?

My panther is digging and looking for spots in her terrarium, I am not sure if they mated or not, I kept them together for 3 days and on day 3 she was completely all black so I am assuming so, I hope she can get the eggs out ok and that they are all (if not most) fertile.

candling cham eggs at this point wont do you any good. you cant see much but fluid and what not.

youll know if the eggs are bad, if in a few weeks, they begin to mold over.

for my eggs, the fertiles ones were whiter and bigger, like large jelly beans, while her infertile ones were tiny like normal sized jelly beans and yellower.

but infertile eggs mold after a few weeks.

I don't know how to candle them, this is my first time. I actually saw them doing the deed several times for two days a few weeks ago so hopefully most of the eggs are good eggs!

What all do I need to prepare for babies? I know I have a few months but trying to stay a step ahead lol

What do you prefer to feed the babies and where do you purchase the food?
What kind of cage do you put them in and how long can they be kept together?

Thanks for any help!

dont you think it would have been wiser to have researched everything more & had got more experience with chameleons before breeding them?

Lol.

I have done research, please keep in mind that all of you were once beginners. I was simply asking what you "experts" use. It's very discouraging to be treated this way as you know absolutely nothing about me or my situation. I have done plenty of research and put a lot of money in taking care of my pets. I am not breeding to make a living....that would be stupid. Shew...I will go elsewhere for my information.

dont you think it would have been wiser to have researched everything more & had got more experience with chameleons before breeding them?

your comment was a bit harsh and rude to talk down on someone for asking for some advice from others..you can read every manual but there is no greater teacher than experience. this is supposed to a place that people want to come to for information and help not persecution and assumptions

Lol.

I have done research, please keep in mind that all of you were once beginners. I was simply asking what you "experts" use. It's very discouraging to be treated this way as you know absolutely nothing about me or my situation. I have done plenty of research and put a lot of money in taking care of my pets. I am not breeding to make a living....that would be stupid. Shew...I will go elsewhere for my information.

im no pro and have never bred chams specifically but im sure there are plenty of people here who have done so so hopefully you can get the good bad and ugly when it comes to dealing with eggs and babies..the more knowledge you can obtain about it the better

Lol.

Beautiful eggs! Congrats, and good luck as you continue this journey.

One thing I have found that works great is getting a bunch of fruit fly cultures ready ahead of time, I try to time some to be ready in a months head of time this way you can always raise up more and have lots of backup insects. Keep in mind little chameleons eat lots of food.

Thanks everyone.

Eggs are looking great. All 26 right now seem to be growing and no mold on any of them. I am so excited! Getting their cages ready and lots of food prepared :)

Back
Top Bottom