She only mists once a day?

KyloVeiled

Hey, so I have a friend that bought a juvenile veiled chameleon a few months ago.
She only mists him once a day with the dripper left on all day but he's a healthy little guy, that eats, drinks and explores.
Humidity is always 60-70.

Soo.. Is it okay that she only mists once?
I mist mine three times a day as I was told that was the best thing to do? Who's doing it wrong?

Thank you!

If humidity is fine and using dripper than a Veiled can be ok with one misting a day. I hope it's long enough for him to flush his eyes. You can both be right.

Yes I agree that for a veiled, this is okay to mist once a day - provided there is a dripper AND LIVE PLANTS. Live plants will keep humidity up and ensure moisture stays around for longer, especially if only misting once a day. It also depends how long and thorough the misting is - tell her it is okay to mist once a day but make sure to form water droplets on all the leaves and also the screening.

Of course, misting 2-3 times per day would be better. Even increasing mistings to once in the morning and once in the early evening (a few hours before lights out) will be beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom