She laid her eggs!!!

Kelly47

Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions and advice. My girl managed to lay 94 eggs!!!! I've read through some previous threads that have suggestions on cutting that back tremendously for next time and we're on it. Right now we are trying to get her appetite back from all her work.

Attachments

• 51ACC4A9-8985-408C-B7B3-6E97BD8608B5.jpeg
    51ACC4A9-8985-408C-B7B3-6E97BD8608B5.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 67
  • D7BC4FF3-6DBE-4BD2-B38F-74349C4A7146.jpeg
    D7BC4FF3-6DBE-4BD2-B38F-74349C4A7146.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 62
Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions and advice. My girl managed to lay 94 eggs!!!! I've read through some previous threads that have suggestions on cutting that back tremendously for next time and we're on it. Right now we are trying to get her appetite back from all her work.

Wow that’s a tremendous amount of eggs , Well done . Yes cutting back on feeders and basking is very helpful . I’m happy she was able to lay them successfully .

I'm glad she laid them as easily as she did and rather amazed at it too! That's a lot of eggs and I really would like to see her lay less...or even none.

To slow females down/stop them from laying...I usually feed them well for a COUPLE of feedings after they lay and then cut back on the feeding size and only feed every 2 or 3 days so that the female is not starving but not overeating. My chameleons are not skinny but definitely not fat...and my veileds usually live to be 6 or older.

Make sure you gutload the insects well and supplement properly and provide proper UVB as well and hopefully she will slow down on the production.

I also keep the basking temperature a bit lower ( a couple of degrees) to help decrease the appetite without causing any health problems.

Good luck with her next clutch. I hope she will not have any problems with it too.

I'm glad she laid them as easily as she did and rather amazed at it too! That's a lot of eggs and I really would like to see her lay less...or even none.

To slow females down/stop them from laying...I usually feed them well for a COUPLE of feedings after they lay and then cut back on the feeding size and only feed every 2 or 3 days so that the female is not starving but not overeating. My chameleons are not skinny but definitely not fat...and my veileds usually live to be 6 or older.

Make sure you gutload the insects well and supplement properly and provide proper UVB as well and hopefully she will slow down on the production.

I also keep the basking temperature a bit lower ( a couple of degrees) to help decrease the appetite without causing any health problems.

Good luck with her next clutch. I hope she will not have any problems with it too.

I fallow this rule thumb given from you and Jann . France’s only laid 2 small clutches in almost 4 years . Clelia only has laid once but when we got her she already had the eggs and or phoebe has never laid . It’s the best advice given on my girls .

I fallow this rule thumb given from you and Jann . France’s only laid 2 small clutches in almost 4 years . Clelia only has laid once but when we got her she already had the eggs and or phoebe has never laid . It’s the best advice given on my girls .

I'm glad it works for you! I think it really gives them a longer life.

Back
Top Bottom