She is Getting Big!

Well, most of you already know, and have seen my male Veiled Igor.
Most of you know his annoying story too.
I took some pictures of Girl today.
Man, she sure is getting big! 97 grams today!:eek:
I guess Mike at Flchams just breeds them big.
I dont feed her that much, but she is putting on the weight.
I should also mention that she is becoming very restless.
It almost seems like she wants to breed, but she is only 6 months old.
She has also started to show all kinds of colors.
From black spots across her body, to funny brown curved splotches, to blue on her casuqe and gular region.
005.jpg

007.jpg

I think she could be cycling an infertile clutch.
About two week ago I weighed her and she came in at 70g.
Whats crazy is that she acts like I starve her.
I've never had a chameleon that ate like her.
She goes nuts when I dump in some crickets, supers, or dubia.
If I put 6 feeders in her cage they are gone in less then a minute.
Ontop of that, she wont even finish eating the one in her mouth before grabbing a second one.
She will have legs and an antena sticking out of her mouth while she grabs another cricket.

She sure does look nice. Sounds like my female panther. You could feed her 20 items and she would still be beggin for more. Although I keep her intake to the normal amount it is sad watching her act like a dog under the dinner table hahaha.

Well, most of you already know, and have seen my male Veiled Igor.
Most of you know his annoying story too.
I took some pictures of Girl today.
Man, she sure is getting big! 97 grams today!:eek:
I guess Mike at Flchams just breeds them big.
I dont feed her that much, but she is putting on the weight.
I should also mention that she is becoming very restless.
It almost seems like she wants to breed, but she is only 6 months old.
She has also started to show all kinds of colors.
From black spots across her body, to funny brown curved splotches, to blue on her casuqe and gular region.
005.jpg

007.jpg

She looks great man. My girl weighed 114g at 5.5 months old and i bred her, and she laid 55 eggs for me that so far look flawless and are swelling considerably.

You beat me to the post! My female is doin awesome. Shes been throwing gravid colors since she laid (4/10) and i have yet to feel/see any eggs in her. I have her spot all setup in case she pulls a fast one but im thinking shes holding back some sperm idk but shes been 130g for the past few weeks. Ill snap some pics tomorrow of her munchin some silkies. Shes asleep in her pothos right now lol. She'll crawl right into the middle of it and sleep sometimes.

Thanks!
It's nice to hear your eggs are doing good.
I cant wait to see how big they are when they hatch.
Was you girl this round? Can you post a picture of her before breeding?
Oh yea, where did you get her?

Well this is her about 3 weeks or so before i bred her. When she was like this i thought she was gravid. I took her and my panther to the vet for a checkup and the vet knows chams and he checked her out and said their fat little belly can fool you but have a laying spot just in case (you should know this). He palpated her real well and didnt feel anything but sometimes you cant feel anything if the eggs havnt shelled yet. If you questioning her, just to be safe, feed her well and keep on the supplements. If shes becoming really restless like your saying she might be holding an infertile clutch.

Sounds just like my girl. She was huge at 7 months when I bred her and she laid those lovely 78 eggs of which 69 are nearly ready to hatch! Don't overfeed her-those huge clutches are hard on them. She has laid 2 infertile clutches since then in the 30ish egg range.

She was very large. Leon is a monster and she was not far behind him at that point.
Here they were when I put them together...
DSCF0078.jpg

I am not an advocate of breeding young chameleons. I would not consider it with the Oustalets or Panthers-but Veileds get big fast and I was pretty sure she was going to dump infertiles on me.

I am not an advocate of breeding young chameleons. I would not consider it with the Oustalets or Panthers-but Veileds get big fast and I was pretty sure she was going to dump infertiles on me.

I feel the same way. I bred my female wayyyy younger than anyone would recommended but she weighed 114g and had been showing receptive colors so i took the chance. That is the only time i will ever breed veiled. All my focus is going toward panthers from this point on and i would never even consider breeding a panther young.

Heres some more pics of my female a few weeks before i bred her.

22308017hl7.jpg
22308011fk2.jpg

Wow!
Leon and Carla are awesome!
You still havent posted me a picture of Leon fired up.:D
I dont think I'm going to be breeding anytime soon.
I'm getting another translucent from Mike this weekend!
So, I will have a male and female low end!
That means I will have "highs" for babies!

Back
Top Bottom