She HATES the new light!

I only run my basking typically from 9-2... In the summer I have it on from 10-2. Otherwise I do have my T5's staggered to go on and off 30 minutes apart starting and ending with UVB.

She does. Sometimes it looks more yellow or brown. And they look pink right before she sheds.
The colour runs right down her back too.
Today's pic.. (she always comes out to see me after breakfast. Never hangs out. Just goes up one arm and down the other back to her cage. Its our daily ritual)
This is very similar how Beman always used to act with me. It is really precious when they respond in such a trusting manner.

I only run my basking typically from 9-2... In the summer I have it on from 10-2. Otherwise I do have my T5's staggered to go on and off 30 minutes apart starting and ending with UVB.
I try to wake her slowly in the mornings.
I mist at 6:30. Turn on the lights in the room but leave her cage dark until 7am.
The basking light goes on first mainly because I unplug it nightly. Then I'll turn on the t5.
It's still dark out until nearly 8 am these days.
Sun is gone by 5:30.
I leave the lights on in the room all day right now unless its actually sunny out.
Winter sucks.

This is very similar how Beman always used to act with me. It is really precious when they respond in such a trusting manner.
It's huge. Im the only person she does it with.
She either ignores or puffs up when anyone else puts a hand out for her. My oldest (16) thinks its remarkable that she recognizes hands and faces.

It's huge. Im the only person she does it with.
She either ignores or puffs up when anyone else puts a hand out for her. My oldest (16) thinks its remarkable that she recognizes hands and faces.
Yeah it is an amazing thing... my little Bentley is now follow me down to the bottom of his enclosure because he sees me getting the feeders out. It is too cute when they start to make the association and understand your ok.

You could darken the sides so they are not paper white and reflective. I got some fake vines and just made a vine wall curtain. If you find a nice outdoor themed shower curtain, you could also line the walls with that.

You could darken the sides so they are not paper white and reflective. I got some fake vines and just made a vine wall curtain. If you find a nice outdoor themed shower curtain, you could also line the walls with that.
I have multiple plants to add. But waiting on them to be more established since shes a bit of a plant fiend sometimes.
I wanted to put lattice along the back. But couldnt find any that wasn't pressure treated.
It was late in the season so garden centers were closed or sold out. I did go looking for terrarium back drop. But they are all for the long low tanks.
The other option for the flex seal was black. I thought it might hold too much heat from the lights so went with the white. I couldnt get the clear anywhere.
I'm hoping by spring I will have everything in there.
She did settle down by dinner time. Back to her usual self at least.
We'll see how tomorrow goes

Back
Top Bottom