I would like to introduce everyone to the moody-patootie that is Harley Quinn. For those of you who do not know who Harley Quinn is, she's a villain appearing in Batman comic series. She originally plays a psychiatrist in the Arkham Asylum, however when she begins studying The Joker she falls hopelessly in love with him, thus helping escape and eventually becoming his side-kick. She dons a red and black jester outfit (sort of like a gravid female panther chameleon!) and kicks butt.

No photos today, but here's a video of her chowing down her first meal in her new home :)

http://youtu.be/qzK9ZVo4UFI

A bit off subject, but is your feeding cup sitting on the side of the cage? If so, how did you attach it? I have not seen one done like that, but it gives me some ideas.

A bit off subject, but is your feeding cup sitting on the side of the cage? If so, how did you attach it? I have not seen one done like that, but it gives me some ideas.
It's a plastic Deli Cup that insects come in and I just cut out the bottom and hot glued window screen mesh to it. It's not attached to anything, just squished snug up against the side of the enclosure by pushing a plant against it =P It's effective!

Very cool. And she looks so happy to be mowing down those crickets.
Thanks Rachelle! I wish I got a video of her hunting down her first stick bug. She was SO excited and rushed right over, but then when she got to it she hesitated and appeared frightened. Finally it stopped moving and begun to sway like a branch and she went for it. She couldn't have chewed and swallowed it faster.

What a cute video! The little girls love to eat. It's sad we have to restrict them. I'm glad you settled on a name. Will you call her Harley for short?

What a cute video! The little girls love to eat. It's sad we have to restrict them. I'm glad you settled on a name. Will you call her Harley for short?
Thank you Jann! Yes, Harley or HQ for short :) Sometimes I call her Little Miss Quinn.
Also Jann, what do you keep your restrictions to? I was thinking 5 medium-large crickets every other day, but I would love to hear what experienced members do. Also what temps have you kept your girls at? Right now she's at 83*F

Thank you Jann! Yes, Harley or HQ for short :) Sometimes I call her Little Miss Quinn.
Also Jann, what do you keep your restrictions to? I was thinking 5 medium-large crickets every other day, but I would love to hear what experienced members do. Also what temps have you kept your girls at? Right now she's at 83*F

I wouldn't go any higher than 83. They are warm enough to digest their food even at 81 or 82. I use to keep my girls in the low 80's except sometimes outside they would warm up a bit higher. I'd recommend a variety of course and feeders that would equal 5 large crickets about 3 times a weeks. Some panthers will still lay eggs even when you restrict them but at lease the clutch should be smaller.

Thanks Jann. I don't just use crickets no worries. I just listed crickets as a guideline since it seems the care sheets use crickets as an example as well.

It's a plastic Deli Cup that insects come in and I just cut out the bottom and hot glued window screen mesh to it. It's not attached to anything, just squished snug up against the side of the enclosure by pushing a plant against it =P It's effective!

I like the cup idea here, but one question. Any issues with her/them trying to snap at them from underneath. I have had them flick at those clear little deli sauce cups and have had to wrap duct tape on them so they aren't see through.

I like the cup idea here, but one question. Any issues with her/them trying to snap at them from underneath. I have had them flick at those clear little deli sauce cups and have had to wrap duct tape on them so they aren't see through.
I don't use the clear cups, they really so confuse the chams. But no I have never had a problem with them shooting their tongues from underneath, into the screen.

Love the video Travis, she really is a sweetheart! She looks like she's enjoying those crickets SO much!! I bet she's happy to finally be home! ;)

Back
Top Bottom