She gets a chameleon and I dont?

I am in my final year of university so its not very practical to move out unfortunately, I guess its a waiting game till university is done and until then ill just have to stick to looking and admiring everyone else's chams =( Thank you all for your advice, and I feel so sorry for that little fella and others like him, just wish I had one to care for because I know I would give my chameleon an excellent life, had so many awesome plans for enckosures and things haha, anyway thanks guys and girls for the sympathy =)

Dont worry, hang in there, your time will come to own all the chams you want :)
Meanwhile, you can hang out here on the forum and just keep learning about them. So by the time you actually own one, you will be more confident :D

And that woman needs to get bitten by something that can teach her some
manners... I'm thinking, a grown alligator maybe ;)

Omg!

What a stupid woman! The reason you can't comment is because she had so many people telling her what she was doing wrong.

All I can tell you is what my Mother use to say: When you get your own house/place, you can do what you want - even though I know she'd still tell me getting a chameleon wasn't what she would do! They are cute, but now that I have one a lot of things to do to make sure they stay healthly, and there are expenses involved. Hopefully one day you will be able to get one, because they are fun! Mine still runs everytime he sees me - but he is only a few months old. We are adjusting to each other. :)

And that woman needs to get bitten by something that can teach her some
manners... I'm thinking, a grown alligator maybe ;)

How about a Komodo Dragon?

OP: Enjoy your last year of university - it goes by so fast, and then you turn into a working chump like the rest of us :)

When you get settled and gainfully employed, you can spoil your chameleon with all the best things he could ever want, and you won't have to worry about anyone's rules but your own.

(Your dad is probably trying to make sure that you WILL move out, haha!)

Sounds like its time to get your own place. Try it, you'll like it. Independence is a great thing.

As I tell my customers. Rule # 1 when handling chameleons .Allways approach and handle them from below. Prediitors come from above in the wild! That poor chameleon is so stressed out. He's just a grumpy old man that wants left alone.
As far as your living situation goes. It ok to plan ahead.Now is the perfect time to buy your cage,misting system and other non perishables( supliments have dates) That way when you do move out you will only have to buy the chameleon.

WOW! What a tough group without knowing all the facts. (this is what being a sociology major does to ones thinking) That "JACK" was fat, alert, and had the strength TO bite. We don't know if Jack was rescue but besides the missing portion of his Veil, he looked healthy as can be.
I think (knowing my opinion means nothing) your father is teaching you well, since he is making you follow the house rules. Someday you will have a child or two and need to keep them under control. Why are you still living at home? (no need to answer) :) Have a great day!

Really? Its doesn't take any kind of formal education to see that she was harassing and abusing that chameleon. She was scaring him for her own amusement and if you think that what she was doing was ok, then you shouldn't own pets either.

OP, you will just have to be patient and once you finish school and get your own place you will be more than ready to get yourself one of these awesome creatures.

Very rarely, does Camo "yell" at me like Jack in this video. Anyone can see he's unhappy :-( Even though I want to pet Camo and tell him I'm not there to hurt him I understand that he has no idea what my intentions are. I hate walking away and looking back to see if he's calmed down.

Too bad Jack can't bite her hand off. Now that would make a video worth watching.

Very rarely, does Camo "yell" at me like Jack in this video. Anyone can see he's unhappy :-( Even though I want to pet Camo and tell him I'm not there to hurt him I understand that he has no idea what my intentions are. I hate walking away and looking back to see if he's calmed down.

Too bad Jack can't bite her hand off. Now that would make a video worth watching.

i know how you feel Karma gets freaked out sometimes when i come to mist/check on him and i feel like the biggest ******* in the world just for the few seconds it takes. This lady needs to get outta the "im crazy and have an animal i pet and touch when i shouldn't" phase of her life. It reminded me of watching a 2 year old try to pick up a cat and you can't help but bite your lip because there is nothing you can do.

Chameleons have been my favorite animal since i was little and my family has never been big on anything other than cats and dogs... and i'm allergic to cats. Been on my own for about 5 years now (23 yo) and finally got my first cham about 2 weeks ago. Having a chameleon and taking care of him is one of the best things that i've ever done. Best thing is my son, second is my wife (prolly a tie i don't wanna pick favorites with those two :p)... but chameleons are a close 3rd. Just got my first one a few weeks ago and already planning a second and third. Just post on these forums if you ever have a question. as soon as i bought karma i was so nervous and panicky so i signed up to this site and it's calmed me down a lot. Still always worried about him and my family but this place gives me one less reason for my hair to fall out. All in all life is pretty good and i'm sure you'll be on your own with a family (including cham) soon enough.

i know how you feel Karma gets freaked out sometimes when i come to mist/check on him and i feel like the biggest ******* in the world just for the few seconds it takes. This lady needs to get outta the "im crazy and have an animal i pet and touch when i shouldn't" phase of her life. It reminded me of watching a 2 year old try to pick up a cat and you can't help but bite your lip because there is nothing you can do.

Hahaha I know that exact feeling with watching a child pick up a cat lol. It's like a train wreck, you know it will probably end badly but you can't stop looking.

This young woman really likes and cares for her animals. If you don't believe so look at the other animals she cares for... I would not handle my animals like this but if it works for her.. More power to her. Jack is still awesome:D

Pigglett79 :) Well put.
Still don't judge

AdmiralSwanson--- When your ready and if you want---I will GIVE you a baby male veiled chameleon (that is all I have to give) and even pay shipping.. You have to do the homework and provide a nice home.. (not the first freebie so don't think anything of it) If within the U.S. :)

That video makes me sick. She had conveniently disabled all videos with her reptiles, so I had to reply on one of her other videos. Let's hope for everyones sake she took my advice to come here and get some knowledge!

I just watched that video yesterday! crazy that she thinks that is him being affectionate. But speaking from experience I will tell you what to do.
Buy your cage, light fixtures, and plants. Ship whatever you need to a friends. Make sure your cage is proper temps and stuff then hide it.
Step 2 immediately order a baby. Young! The smaller they are the more non reptile people will be OK with it. Just make sure you do your research!! Owning a baby cham is a decent amount of work.
Step 3: show girlfriend/dad/ family the 2 inch long baby chameleon and they will just melt over the cuteness.

After this you are all set! I promise it worked for me! Lol

Back
Top Bottom