She gets a chameleon and I dont?

AdmiralSwanson

Hey everybody, just needed to rant a little as I can now no longer get a chameleon, as my dad won't allow it at the moment, despite me being 21 and them being relaxed about anything normally, he hates pets having had to clear up dog mess and deal with dogs chewing everything for most of his life he has said no pets after our current dog who is quite old, i think he feels he may get roped in to caring for it which of course he wouldnt. I dont think I could just go against him and show up with one (im sure he would give in if i did) but that wouldnt be very kind to him and its his house his rules i guess.

What has really annoyed me though and i guess the reason for this post is (found this video while just looking at normal ones) how people like this have one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBOAS7wnelg

, yet i would do anything to have one i could just care for and raise giving a good life.

ah well maybe he will come over, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum section i was unsure where for it to go and forgive me it is rather a childish post, but i just feel angry she has one to mistreat and i cannot have one to care for! lol

Omg, that poor chameleon! Ugh! That makes me so upset! What ignorance...

Don't worry, soon enough you will have your own. It's just a matter of time. Just be patient and research, research, research, while you wait.

She harmed that chameleon so many times in that video. and by the way he looked you could tell she had been mistreating him for a long time.

Ugh that makes me sick :mad:

Poor chameleon :(

Yikers. That's super scary :(

I know how you feel about the wait - I had wanted a cham for years before I could afford/maintain one.

I signed into my youtube account just so I could dislike that video. so mean:mad:. It's too bad comments were disabled. I would have torn her apart. As for your situation, not living with your parents does wonders for your freedom. Unfortunately living in someone else's house limits some of the things you're able to do and have.

I signed into my youtube account just so I could dislike that video. so mean:mad:. It's too bad comments were disabled. I would have torn her apart. As for your situation, not living with your parents does wonders for your freedom. Unfortunately living in someone else's house limits some of the things you're able to do and have.

I did that exact same thing, and it seems we're not the only ones.
I considered sending her a message, but I couldn't think of how to sound helpful instead of hateful.
Perhaps someone more eloquent can help her see what she's doing.

That video makes me so angry. Reminds me of how I was at the fair the other day and there was that one game where you can toss a ball into a gold fish cup and win the gold fish. Well if you made 3 or something you could win an iguana. I was like :confused::confused::confused:. I went over to the booth and they had a MAYBE 12x12x12 screen cage that had literally 40+ iguanas in there. It was so sad. I wish I would have gotten a picture and reported it to someone that would do something. Stupid me.

Hey everybody, just needed to rant a little as I can now no longer get a chameleon, as my dad won't allow it at the moment, despite me being 21 and them being relaxed about anything normally, he hates pets having had to clear up dog mess and deal with dogs chewing everything for most of his life he has said no pets after our current dog who is quite old, i think he feels he may get roped in to caring for it which of course he wouldnt. I dont think I could just go against him and show up with one (im sure he would give in if i did) but that wouldnt be very kind to him and its his house his rules i guess.

you have a good perspective.
sounds like you are an intelligent mature person - maybe you should get your own place ?

Disgusting how dumb some chameleon owners can be. I flagged that video as animal abuse. I also left a comment on one of her other videos, since that one had disabled comments.

---

As for getting a chameleon, I'd wait until you get a place of your own. Once you get one chameleon, you're going to want another one, and maybe some pygmies.... it's a lot better to have your own place. But, you have the awesome opportunity to save money, build, and prepare. Maybe if you could put an awesome looking cage together, your dad will come around and realize how serious you are about getting, and caring for one... eventually. They're display animals, with enclosures that can be awesome to look at in itself. If your dad doesn't come around, you still have an awesome cage for when you're able to get one. :D

What a dumb video. I dont get that...

And yes, you cant complain about daddys rules when your living in daddys house. 21, get your own place, and your own cham! life is good!!!

That video made me so sad. I feel so bad for that chameleon. I would never treat Rebel that way. I know he doesn't like to be held so I don't hold him unless I need to to move him from his free range (He won't go back to his enclosure on his own..lol)or if I need to take him some place. Not only did that cham look super stressed out he looked unhealthy. Looked like he had an infection on his casque at some point and it wasn't taken care of correctly.
I will never understand why people get pets if they don't want to take care of them properly. :mad:

I agree that having your own place will eventually be your answer. When my son was still at home, I always made the distinction between caged pets and uncaged pets. Also, people have preconceived notions of what a lizard is, and how it's kept. I find chameleons to be among the cleanest animals I've ever had. I say use this time to keep reading and expanding your knowledge. It will happen. :)

Sorry to hear about your dad's decision. Don't give up, do loads of research and perhaps discuss your research with him. Chams don't smell, they don't make a noise and they are beautiful to look at. Good luck.

That was horrible :( Poor thing. You are 21 years old though, why don't you just move out and get your own place so you can have a chameleon?

This is so sad...unfortunately this is a prime example of someone who buys a pet simply because it looks cool/is cute :( If she had done even a bit of research she would have found that the little guys are easily stressed and it can end up hurting them :( So frustrating!

WOW! What a tough group without knowing all the facts. (this is what being a sociology major does to ones thinking) That "JACK" was fat, alert, and had the strength TO bite. We don't know if Jack was rescue but besides the missing portion of his Veil, he looked healthy as can be.
I think (knowing my opinion means nothing) your father is teaching you well, since he is making you follow the house rules. Someday you will have a child or two and need to keep them under control. Why are you still living at home? (no need to answer) :) Have a great day!

He might be healthy, true, but I had an issue watching her antagonize him into biting her repeatedly for the purposes of putting it on YouTube. It bothered me. He wasn't playing in the sense that a dog might play. He was irritated, unhappy, and probably felt threatened.

To the OP: Move out! As Judge Joe Brown always says "You gotta be a man and take care of your business!". If you're a college kid staying home to save some money... That means you can't afford a chameleon right now anyway :)

He might be healthy, true, but I had an issue watching her antagonize him into biting her repeatedly for the purposes of putting it on YouTube. It bothered me. He wasn't playing in the sense that a dog might play. He was irritated, unhappy, and probably felt threatened.

To the OP: Move out! As Judge Joe Brown always says "You gotta be a man and take care of your business!". If you're a college kid staying home to save some money... That means you can't afford a chameleon right now anyway :)
Lathis is saying exactly how I feel ^ He may have looked healthy, but I think what was bothering everyone is how she is deliberately antagonizing him :(

Back
Top Bottom