Sharing our First Baby

blueazul

This is Blue, our first Ambanja Panther Chameleon. He came home yesterday to his new free range habitat. He is exploring and getting to know his new surroundings and had his first meal. Blue is only about 6 weeks old and we were very nervous about not having an enclosure. So far, and thanks to other's peoples experience and advice, things are going well. We can't wait to watch him grow!

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 356
First of all Congrats!!! The free range looks great. I hope your open to questions cause I have one about you habitat!! Where is the UVB bulb? It is really cool getting to watch your cham get his colors in!!

looks very nice. the thing with a six week old is they need costant temps,its harder for them to regulate their temps,they quickly get too hot or too cold, also its better to keep track of how many krickets they eat.u need to dust the krykets and if they free range you will continualy be adding crikets and the panther wount eat nice dusted ones.then the size of crikets needed are very small ull have them all over ur house.not to mention the chameleon could get lost too. try too keep that in mind.but good luck with your new baby.

Thanks for all your advice

The bulb we have is a power sun (mercury vapor) who will soon be replaced by a Mega Ray as soon is available. He is also next to a window and I will be powering the crickets a couple of times a week. For the feeding I have a clear cup that he has been using, that way I can monitor his food intake. He is so active and he is eating well (6 crickets this morning). I spend a close to a week setting it up and monitoring the humidity and temperature before he came home (thanks to my husband for all the research and work). Will post more pics as soon as he starts getting bigger. I included a pic of the feeding cup.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 243
so is he getting his uvb from that vapour bulb? im not familiar with those..he will not get any uvb through the window as uvb rays do not pass through glass or plastic..:)

Hello and welcome to the forums. At that age you will need to dust his feeders, at least part of them everyday. May sure he doesn't get too hot, his top basking spot should only be 80. The power sun can get pretty hot. Im attaching my blog for new keepers below. I free ranged my baby Elly from right out of the egg. I used a small tree in a large tub so she couldn't get lost or hurt herself on something in my house. I'll see if I can find you a pic of her first free renge.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

You can find Elly's free ranges here along with some of my other cham's free ranges.https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/jannb-albums-free-ranges.html

Great setups, thanks for sharing. I will keep learning and finding the best possible way to care for my little one. Thank you for all your help.

baby eating....

I was told that it is normal for a baby to eat 7-10 crickets a day. I got my baby yesterday and he ate about 8 crickets .... today he ate 15. Is there a limit?

Thanks

I'm extreamly interested in Elly's story and free range, as well as your other free range setups, however that link is not working. I also went to your albums, but no luck. Did you take them down?

I NEED TO KNOW MORE!!:p:D
This thread is 7 years old, you likely won't get a response.

Back
Top Bottom