Shaken up

squeekz1992

I was rearended today. My first car accident involving another car. My neck and back hurt but I'm okay. Thankfully my BF only lives 2 seconds from where I was hit.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry! Car accidents are scary, especially your first! I am just so glad you are okay!

Thank you so much. It was really scary, I'm not driving for a while now lol.

It was the other guys fault tho, so I wont have points or anything so thats good. But man it was stressful!

You should see a doctor. Sometimes things take awhile to develop and if you're already in pain there might be something really wrong.

I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I know how scary that can be. You feel like a target for months afterwards.

You should see a doctor. Sometimes things take awhile to develop and if you're already in pain there might be something really wrong.

I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I know how scary that can be. You feel like a target for months afterwards.

I will if I dont feel better in a couple of days, I know it's not wise to wait it out, but I'm on my parents insurance and they would pay for it so I gotta do it their way. Which actually as far as the guys insurance covering it will be okay bc of the holiday it will take a while to process.

I'm glad too, today just being in the car was stressful. I'm just glad that nobody is making me drive:eek:

So, my trunk is kinda collapsed in. Couldn't tell till the sun came up....what started out as just a "fender bender" might actually turn out to be about 1,000 in damage....no wonder my neck hurts

Actually, since the other guy was at fault and was insured, his insurance should pay for it.

If it were me, I'd call his insurance company Wednesday and inform them that I was going to urgent care and that they would be getting the bill. I'd ask them if there were any special forms they'd need to have filled out. Then GO TO URGENT CARE.

I'm frankly stunned that your parents didn't just take you to urgent care.

I was rear ended a few months ago. Our car looked completely fine and I had whiplash! My neck was totally messed up. I'd go see a chiropractor if I were you. Better to be safe than sorry (and the other party will cover it anyway). The pain can creep on you months later. I'm still getting treatment for my neck.

Take care of yourself like we do with our chameleons :) better go to the doctor! neck and back injuries are nothing to mess with!

Definitely go to the doctor if you have any discomfort. Something now may be something in a month or two and that can be too late to claim it. Most fender benders you will fill no discomfort, a sunken in trunk and discomfort, get yourself checked out.

I'm frankly stunned that your parents didn't just take you to urgent care.

Yeah, they are kind of stubborn, more so my mom. But she will take me if it gets worse. I know it sounds bad, they just think because I get so easily stressed out that I don't know how much of something is just stress. It's annoying, but if it doesn't go away they will listen. And now that they have seen the extent of the damage to the car they will probably listen better.

I was rear ended a few months ago. Our car looked completely fine and I had whiplash! My neck was totally messed up. I'd go see a chiropractor if I were you. Better to be safe than sorry (and the other party will cover it anyway). The pain can creep on you months later. I'm still getting treatment for my neck.

Yeah I think I might, because it hurts to lay down and stuff. This sucks :( The way he hit me I think I definitely have whiplash, but it hurts in a strange part to be whiplash.. But both insurance companies are going to be closed for Thanksgiving and we have already called them a couple of times for an estimate and whatnot. Idk :( Basically I'm just doing what I'm being told to do, I have no idea what is supposed to happen or anything. I hate this.

Take care of yourself like we do with our chameleons :) better go to the doctor! neck and back injuries are nothing to mess with!

Lol. :) I will I just can't today because I have my nephew and no car.

Definitely go to the doctor if you have any discomfort. Something now may be something in a month or two and that can be too late to claim it. Most fender benders you will fill no discomfort, a sunken in trunk and discomfort, get yourself checked out.

I will, I just have to wait a little bit :(

Crashes are always scary, when I was 8 and my little brother was only 2 months old a car hit our VAN sideways on my side and tipped the entire vehicle on 2 wheels. He claimed he didn't see us, which was 100% impossible. I'm just glad he hit my side, because if he had my little brother's he might not have survived.

Crashes are always scary, when I was 8 and my little brother was only 2 months old a car hit our VAN sideways on my side and tipped the entire vehicle on 2 wheels. He claimed he didn't see us, which was 100% impossible. I'm just glad he hit my side, because if he had my little brother's he might not have survived.

Oh my! That is horrible! I'm so glad you were both okay!! I haven't driven since monday, but it looks like I'll have to tomorrow:(

It's such a scary experience to go thru, but I'm glad your ok other than your neck but that can get adjusted back into place. My veiled Cham got his name crash because on my way to go pick him up I witnessed a very bad accident, only one lady involved but she was fine not a scratch on her but shaken up bad but did alota crazy damage before the car finally stopped. I had no other choice to name him crash other than that lol

It's such a scary experience to go thru, but I'm glad your ok other than your neck but that can get adjusted back into place. My veiled Cham got his name crash because on my way to go pick him up I witnessed a very bad accident, only one lady involved but she was fine not a scratch on her but shaken up bad but did alota crazy damage before the car finally stopped. I had no other choice to name him crash other than that lol

Lol! Pascal caused my first crash! I was on my way to get his waxworms during a "torrential downpour" and hydroplaned. Hit a tree and a pole, but no other cars were involved. Knocked my head pretty good too. That tree is now slanted to the left lol.

There's been a lot of car accidents at my school.. one of my friends was in the car being driven home from a party, her brother was the driver, drunk driving, the car crashed and she ended up having to watch her brother die. Then a few years later her other brother crashed and almost died, same reason.

There's been a lot of car accidents at my school.. one of my friends was in the car being driven home from a party, her brother was the driver, drunk driving, the car crashed and she ended up having to watch her brother die. Then a few years later her other brother crashed and almost died, same reason.

That's awful... when will people learn? :(
This one guy at my school was DD and lead a police chase, at the end of which, he killed himself :( life is very sad...

Correction: Life is a celebration, what people do with it is sad and when it ends it is devastating :(

Oh I'm so sorry to hear how shaken up you are! :(
Make sure you go to the doc and get checked... It's so important!
In Dubai I see crashes everyday.. Like the ones you only see in the movies! And I've been in accidents myself (they're a little hard to avoid here!)..
Take care and rest up and make sure you get back on the horse soon!
It wasn't your fault.. Keep driving safely and you'll be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom