Shaken up

Squeekz, as a MOM, I'm appalled. If my daughter (who's approaching 18 and working on getting her license and sometimes drives my father around) were injured in an accident I would have her in urgent care right off the bat. Money would be the last thing in my mind.

There's been a lot of car accidents at my school.. one of my friends was in the car being driven home from a party, her brother was the driver, drunk driving, the car crashed and she ended up having to watch her brother die. Then a few years later her other brother crashed and almost died, same reason.

That's so tragic! It's 2012 and people still haven't learned that drunk driving is the worst idea in the world. And your friend can never get that image out of her head watching her brother die. Just so sad :(

Squeekz, as a MOM, I'm appalled. If my daughter (who's approaching 18 and working on getting her license and sometimes drives my father around) were injured in an accident I would have her in urgent care right off the bat. Money would be the last thing in my mind.

Well, money matters when your mom is on disability and right now. I'm fine, and thanks for your concern, but don't go bashing on my mom... We couldn't afford it, and I'm fine just like she said I would be.

You're right, Squeekz. I apologize, my comments were inappropriate. Your mother should be proud to have raised a daughter who doesn't hesitate to straighten people out when they're out of line.

Sorry to hear of your accident - always a stressful occurance! I too have been rear-ended quite badly; my car was a write off and 24 years later I still have shoulder and neck problems. One thing with whiplash is that it takes at least 3 days for the onset of REAL pain to begin, with it topping out about 7 - 10 days and then the pain stays for quite a while unless you seek out treatment via massage therapy or physiotherapy. I would at least get to the doctor and advise him/her that you've been involved in an MVA, that way its at least documented medically in the event you need more specialized care down the road.

Take care of yourself and if it hurts, don't downplay it..get it treated. It will be covered on the other guys insurance.

You're right, Squeekz. I apologize, my comments were inappropriate. Your mother should be proud to have raised a daughter who doesn't hesitate to straighten people out when they're out of line.

It's okay you didn't know. I'm sorry that I kind of bit your head off...it's kind of a touchy subject.

Sorry to hear of your accident - always a stressful occurance! I too have been rear-ended quite badly; my car was a write off and 24 years later I still have shoulder and neck problems. One thing with whiplash is that it takes at least 3 days for the onset of REAL pain to begin, with it topping out about 7 - 10 days and then the pain stays for quite a while unless you seek out treatment via massage therapy or physiotherapy. I would at least get to the doctor and advise him/her that you've been involved in an MVA, that way its at least documented medically in the event you need more specialized care down the road.

Take care of yourself and if it hurts, don't downplay it..get it treated. It will be covered on the other guys insurance.

THanks :) it was definitely stressful! I had to drive to school today and was freaking out the WHOLE time lol. Ouch, that sucks.. I think my neck is okay now though, I feel tons better, I mean I feel kinda tense but it isn't like agonizing pain and I'm at 7 days post-accident. I wasn't tense when the guy hit me, I didn't even see him coming, I think that helped a lot. my BF's sister says that it's worse when you tense up. :)

Thank you for being so gracious. You have nothing to apologize for. I'm glad your recovering well. You'll probably never feel quite as safe driving as you used to, but in my experience, it does get better.

So glad to hear you are feeling better. It's usually these silly, low impact accidents that cause the deep tissue injuries that can be so dibilitating! Take it easy and your comfort zone while driving may take while to come back but it will eventually!! ;)

Thanks! We got the bill.... $1600 in damage. :eek:
They offered me a rental, but I declined bc I feel bad jacking up his insurance rates. But my car will be pretty(ish) again!:D

I know! I got the estimate and was like :eek: but at least Grasshopper(the car lol :eek:) will be better :D Thanks :) I was tempted just because I wanna test drive a Vibe, but he was so nice after he hit me that I just couldn't do it :eek:

I told my mom "If he was a jerk, I'd've got a Mustang :cool: lol

Back
Top Bottom