Sexing Parsonii

Seems like I'd trigger some side discussion here though.....:p

Well, humbly speaking from a years of experience in keeping chameleon here over this side of globe. We face major chanellenges where climate temperature raise over 95F in summer season Thus, 24 hrs air conditioning is a necessary requirement in order to maintain optimal condition. While the whole idea of screen cage is to enhance overall ventilation of their habitat. Thus, it will easily accomplished by applying force ventilation with a fan. Also, with rather high humidities requires with Parsonii, glass cage proven to be a better option....

Of course, in avoiding Parsonii or other chameleon in developing URI, my cage has been equipped with digital humidities controller to allow close humidities level monitioring and controlling. Lasty, all of these have been proven their function with other delicate species like M. Jackson which has been consider an advance species here in Asia.

Note: air exchange is a necessary daily protocol if anyone tries to adopts this setup.

First off, Congrats on such a beutiful animal, and healthy I might add!!
Cham keeping is a really passionate hobbie. How many of these little arguments have we seen over the years about husbandry issues. Its a funny hobbie some meathods that are considered sinful ,work great for others. Things I do dont seem right for sum but work with great sucess for me for years. These debates are cool for experienced keepers but it could be really rough for newbees. Its funny alot of people cant fathem the passion cham owners have and the time ,dedication that goes with it. I could see the point to the glass tank for humidity, with proper ventilation. Do parsons get excited over reflections like veileds and panthers tend to? If so has this been a problem and how do you combat that issue?
Again beutiful cham!!! Somday!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics!
Kevin

evilalive~ It sounds like you understood the factors involved and have taken all the steps necessary to successfully keep chams behind glass... And looking at how healthy your girl is shows that. By all means don't change your ways from what has proven tried and true in your experience. I was just recommend what has worked for me, and what I have been warned from by other experienced keepers.

I enjoy these educated discussions, This sharing of thoughts and knowledge is what keeps the hobby moving forward... And makes it such an enjoyable community to be a part of.

Again... Gorgeous Parsonii!:)

~Joe

Joe, thanks for the kind advise and point out things that I needs to be aware of. It is always good to open our minds and learn from others from their experience and manipulate the way it suit us best. To me, I alway keep myself at alert mode as I consider keeping chameleon is alway a chanellenge and there is no one single answer to the "question".

Kelvin, good question regarding the "reflection" issue....So far, I've never seen parsons nor jackson got excited with their glass cages. Also, talking about "reflection", I believe if it turn out to be a real issue, it can be simply overcome by apply non-reflection sheet or even semi-transparent sheet which often used for windows.

~Ricky

Back
Top Bottom