Sex of chameleon

Davep3370

Hi everybody another newbie to the forum. I’m looking into getting a panther chameleon. Iv found one local to me in the uk I would prefer a male so before I purchase one could someone help with sexing the one iv found it would be a great help.

Attachments

• FDCFB92D-EC95-49BD-8285-F9BE9922E92E.jpeg
    FDCFB92D-EC95-49BD-8285-F9BE9922E92E.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 92
  • 08A543F1-5D00-422E-AD83-83EA9CE5C63C.jpeg
    08A543F1-5D00-422E-AD83-83EA9CE5C63C.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 104
Hi everybody another newbie to the forum. I’m looking into getting a panther chameleon. Iv found one local to me in the uk I would prefer a male so before I purchase one could someone help with sexing the one iv found it would be a great help.
Going off rostral process & hemipenes bulge a male

Its very difficult to get a suitable photo of them so young as they tend to cling to branches. The best photo for sexing is when they stand proud of their branch with tail straight back to see there stomach & tail, males tend to look straight line through to tail females have a a tapered tail and slight curve.
Colour cannot be relied on as females can show lots of colour when young

Its very difficult to get a suitable photo of them so young as they tend to cling to branches. The best photo for sexing is when they stand proud of their branch with tail straight back to see there stomach & tail, males tend to look straight line through to tail females have a a tapered tail and slight curve.
Colour cannot be relied on as females can show lots of colour when young
Thanks for the advice I wasn’t sure if it was a male or not. But with you saying it’s a male that’s great

That’s definitely a male! If you want us to check your husbandry to make sure it’s 100% for that cute little guy, let us know! Also, welcome to the forums!
Thanks I will be in touch when get around to buying and getting everything I need for him. Just wanted to know the sex before I purchased him

Back
Top Bottom