Sex my chameleon!

Kinoki

I purchased Chronic from a breeder around mid April (7months). Breeder said he was F1 Nosy Mitsio male and 2 months old, but looked more like 2 weeks to me.

When I received him he ate crickets fine, but then went on a hunger strike and refused to eat anything but fruit flies. I finally got him on a steady diet of crickets and two mealworms every now and then, but I think he's a little undersized/grown from not eating.

He started developing his crest and nose and I see some green colors if I take him out from under the yellow basking light.... but now I'm beginning to think he might be a she, because he's not developing the tail lump or vivid colors.

Any input or advice is very welcome!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200901_215254.jpg
    MVIMG_20200901_215254.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 107
Im unfamiliar with this locale but its hard to say. Can you please get better pics? Focus on the side of the head, base of the tail, back of the feet.

Can anyone explain the difference here?
As far as I can tell, these images are identical; just one of them is flipped.
I made 2 copies, flipped the top copy, increased its transparency, overlayed it, and rotated it 6 degrees to match the bottom copy, and I can't tell any difference between the heads. :unsure:
The bulges look different maybe?

At the tail, yes. You can see where someone edited/moved the outline (but not the fill).
I can't find any difference in the heads; at least one source says there should be more pronounced ridges.

Ah, wait.. just found the original image. That image is supposed to be Oustalet's—not panther.
https://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-a-Chameleon-Is-Male-or-Female

Mystery solved.
Oop. Sorry bout that! I need to crack open my book and learn about types of panthers.

Can anyone explain the difference here?
As far as I can tell, these images are identical; just one of them is flipped.
I made 2 copies, flipped the top copy, increased its transparency, overlayed it, and rotated it 6 degrees to match the bottom copy, and I can't tell any difference between the heads. :unsure:
its not the best image... It is the tails base your looking at. That is the portion they edited in the image. They just slapped the gender icon on top of the head.

Back
Top Bottom