Sex ID for baby Ankaramy

alee

I purchased a pair of baby Ankaramy's right before Christmas. One died a week after arrival:(. I was told they were approximately 2.5 months when they arrived. I requested for a refund, but the breeder gave me a store credit for a replacement. I have to figure out the sex of this baby. From what she told me, the baby should be about 4 months now. He/she is tiny, but I have read baby Ankaramy's are smaller than other panthers? Here are some pictures that I just took today. Thanks in advance for your help!

P1010665.jpg

P1010666.jpg

P1010668.jpg

Its a male and it also has edema (swelling around the neck). In the health forums there is a form (how to ask for help) fill it out and post it in this thread so we might be able to tell what is causing it.

Its a male and it also has edema (swelling around the neck). In the health forums there is a form (how to ask for help) fill it out and post it in this thread so we might be able to tell what is causing it.

He came like that, it looks like a big sack of loose skin. I stopped supplementation, but it did nothing. His neck looks the same as when I first got him. I am waiting to hear back from the breeder. The one that died came with a kinked tail which fell off after a few days, and I am quite sure she had URI. I have 8 other panthers, none has ever been sick.

He came like that, it looks like a big sack of loose skin. I stopped supplementation, but it did nothing. His neck looks the same as when I first got him. I am waiting to hear back from the breeder. The one that died came with a kinked tail which fell off after a few days, and I am quite sure she had URI. I have 8 other panthers, none has ever been sick.

Sorry to hear that. How long did you stop supplementing for and did you try to give extra hydration? It could be some sort of infection especially if the other died of a URI. Its amazing some of the animals people send in such terrible shape. Especially something that is a rarely bred species, or locale like Ankaramy. I hope the seller makes the situation right.

Sorry to hear that. How long did you stop supplementing for and did you try to give extra hydration? It could be some sort of infection especially if the other died of a URI. Its amazing some of the animals people send in such terrible shape. Especially something that is a rarely bred species, or locale like Ankaramy. I hope the seller makes the situation right.

Thank you. I have not given him D3 for about a month now. I have a dripper going for 10 hours each day. The mister comes on for 3 minutes, 4X each day. He seems fine otherwise, eats well, poops well, and active during day time. He shows no signs of URI. It was very sad with the other one. That is why I asked for a refund instead of a store credit, but she would only give me a store credit for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom