Sex ID for a couple Blue Bars ?

David

Hi.... I believe this is my first post here.

I purchased this pair of Blue Bar Ambilobes back in early December as juvies and now I am seeing some color and features developing. I was told they were a male and female but to me they both look to be males.... ?

Blue Bar 1
103589IMG_171411355-med.jpg

Blue Bar 2
103589IMG_171111354-med.jpg

Sire of the sire (according to seller / breeder)
103589Isairy-mifidy%20-%20811356-med.jpg

Your thoughts?

Hi.... I believe this is my first post here.

I purchased this pair of Blue Bar Ambilobes back in early December as juvies and now I am seeing some color and features developing. I was told they were a male and female but to me they both look to be males.... ?

it is hard to tell by the pics, look like the flash was attracted to the vent areas :p where did you buy these panthers at and how old were they when purchased? I'm not too knowledgeable with F. Pardalis, but based on their colors, I would agree both are males.

hopefully you will find your answers, if possible, please post better pics of the vent/hemipenal area

from what i see its two males..one on bottom most def, the top one also looks male..lot of color to be female..if the base of the tails are both developing bulges they are totally male...you got a deal (since you can find females for cheaper)

They are both males. At this age you can tell by coloration but at younger ages you must go by the hemipenal bulge.

Yep, both look like males to me too. As a sidenote I have a grandson of Isairy-Mifidy too. :)

full

He fires up orange and yellow just like his grandpa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, both look like males to me too. As a sidenote I have a grandson of Isairy-Mifidy too. :)

full

He fires up orange and yellow just like his grandpa.

Very nice!

Well, it's apparently as I thought... no biggie tho... I will end up finding a female and parting with one of the boys in time.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom