Severely Neglected Veiled

lycan_megura0523

Established Member
I got a veiled chameleon yesterday from a lady who said that she didn’t have time to take care of a chameleon and that in a week he lost a bunch of weight and became dehydrated. He is at my vet right now fighting for his life. He is doing much better today than he was last night but he is still very weak.

Attachments

• F08D9142-CE22-4DCB-917F-313D034E228B.jpeg
    F08D9142-CE22-4DCB-917F-313D034E228B.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 224
  • A95503C4-D400-4ED5-8C0E-31E07A5FC3D8.jpeg
    A95503C4-D400-4ED5-8C0E-31E07A5FC3D8.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 4FBBD4C2-A2D3-43B4-ACB0-86E5451C346C.jpeg
    4FBBD4C2-A2D3-43B4-ACB0-86E5451C346C.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 210
I'm not expert, but he actually seems to be absent the obvious signs of mbd, I'd expect in this severe of a case. It's amazing to me that somehow, his bones may be ok, but clearly he's dehydrated and malnourished. Am I just missing the signs?

Man why do people let it get this bad before doing something. I cannot stand people like that. Poor boy! good luck and my prayers are with you guys.

**not ranting at you!!!!**
Didn’t have time........
didn’t have time?! Oh honey, there’s PLENTY of time in each day, every day to keep an animal alive and well. You just have to find it! It’s your freaking responsibility!

I am utterly disturbed.
You are a wonderful person for trying to help this chameleon. You are spending money and time out of your life at the vet, when whoever had him before clearly wouldn’t spend money or time to simply keep him fed and hydrated. Wish you & him the best.

Man why do people let it get this bad before doing something. I cannot stand people like that. Poor boy! good luck and my prayers are with you guys.

RIGHT!!! How can you live with yourself after letting it get to this! That would haunt me every day!

I'm not expert, but he actually seems to be absent the obvious signs of mbd, I'd expect in this severe of a case. It's amazing to me that somehow, his bones may be ok, but clearly he's dehydrated and malnourished. Am I just missing the signs?
No you are right on about that he is lucky in the sense there is no MBD. Like you said he was starved and denied proper water.

**not ranting at you!!!!**
Didn’t have time........
didn’t have time?! Oh honey, there’s PLENTY of time in each day, every day to keep an animal alive and well. You just have to find it! It’s your freaking responsibility!

I am utterly disturbed.
You are a wonderful person for trying to help this chameleon. You are spending money and time out of your life at the vet, when whoever had him before clearly wouldn’t spend money or time to simply keep him fed and hydrated. Wish you & him the best.
Thanks I appreciate it. He will e staying at the vet for a few days to receive fluids and assist feedings.

omg, that poor baby. good thoughts and prayers for this little one! how could anyone ever let an animal get in this condition is beyond me:(

Omg that’s terrible. A week my a$$.

Hope all the best, I can’t believe his eyes.

I got a veiled chameleon yesterday from a lady who said that she didn’t have time to take care of a chameleon and that in a week he lost a bunch of weight and became dehydrated. He is at my vet right now fighting for his life. He is doing much better today than he was last night but he is still very weak.
Aww poor baby. Makes me so sad that people are this cruel. Good for you for trying to help! I hope he is doing better :)

Back
Top Bottom