Setup pre-plants

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
I will be starting a new enclosure today using a large Dragonstrand with 5 ledges. I plan to use pond foam -- can I see some of your setups pre-plants? Looking for inspiration on placement, angles -- etc.

This will be for a new male nosy be panther -- I want to save up and get a large atrium for him in the future and use this setup for my female. Her enclosure right now is great, but I love the look of the "floating" plants.

I have no pre plant pictures, but make sure to post pictures of your progress along the way! We love a good enclosure thread here :)

Here is one taken mid plants no branches. I loosely based it on the tutorial on the DragonStrand site. IMG_B4 plants.jpg

Make planters for pothos up high so they can sort of creep downward how you see them growing from hanging planters. Make planters for schefflera down low but be careful to place them so that branches allow for the plants to grow upward and close to one another in a way that the chameleon can transition between the two easily yet the branches wont interfere with the scheflera growing. Thats my 2 cents after making a few bio active setups and wanting to do it all over again this fall.

Is this what you mean?

EDIT: to OP.

Attachments

• 20181122_212933.jpg
    20181122_212933.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 20181122_212943.jpg
    20181122_212943.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 20180718_001059.jpg
    20180718_001059.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I dont see any planters in those pics so im not sure what youre refering to but word of advice. Get those branches on at least a 45 because chams like to sit on branches not hold on all day.

I dont see any planters in those pics so im not sure what youre refering to but word of advice. Get those branches on at least a 45 because chams like to sit on branches not hold on all day.

What are you talking about? I am replying to the OP. OP wants to see "pre-plant" setups and this is my enclosure before I planted anything and putting in branches and vines.

Back
Top Bottom