Serious Eye Condition

I WOULD NEVER GO ABOVE 85 there is this absurd video of a kid on you tube that says use scalding water I wish I could take it down

Last edited:
They like 85 ISH degrees and are attracted to this warmth.. therefore I believe it's safe to use this temp But not above this!

ALL WATER SHOULD BE ROOM TEMPERATURE!!! Definitely not 85*F or 90*F! Not sure on the details between hot water and burns, so someone else will have to answer that question.

I certainly understand the compact bulbs do not generate the same power of uvb as the longer tube fixtures. I looked into it, and at 12” away the 10.0 only puts off 0.5 uvb. However at 4” away it puts off the recommended 3.0. That’s roughly how far away her vine is from that bulb I would say. When she outgrows this setup I will likely switch out her equipment.
The UVB would be important to change as soon as you can order one. Here’s some graphic examples of the inadequacy of the CFL bulbs compared to a linear T5 bulbs
C0547A6D-2FD7-4EDE-8AAF-699F0EB25FF4.jpeg
12DF3CF2-4826-4B22-8D72-65A3F5DEAF43.png
D3C40FB2-D609-4ADD-AE9B-C6D0240FCB20.jpeg

Check out https://chameleonacademy.com/uvb/

Love these conversations--- So reptiles are cold blooded and are capable of taking drops and raises very well if done slow.
Our body temp is 98.6 +or-. Chameleons use their basking sight to help with digestion along with the proper lighting. So when they burn (thermal heat damage), they don't feel the heat that causes damage and don't know to get out of it (all the time).

Kind of like us with touching a flame and moving your finger away. It hurts, so we (usually) twitch back (automatic response humans have), it looks red and hurts, but later turns into a blister and so on.

Think of the frog that is placed in a warm container will jump out right away. Placed in a cold container of water will jump right out, but if placed in a container that is the same temp of the frog will stay in.

That being said, if the water slowly freezes or boils the frog does not know (cold blooded response) and will stay and not jump out, both can cause death. Weird and interesting at the same time. Human response would be to shiver creating heat for our organs to survive or sweat letting us know we are over heating. If we don't sweat, we don't have enough water to allow for cooling by the air.

Thanks for letting me share a little.

Love animals and their adaptation and abilities to survive.

Back
Top Bottom