Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D September 2010
:D
view entries

No Theme

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: September 17, 2010
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: September 17
voting: September 18 - September 31
contest results will be announced on October 2 2010

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
how to change size of pic

Okay,

If someone knows how to change the size of my pic...not the dimensions...but the actual size by MG...it's currently reading 4.76mg and were only allowed 4mg.. :( I dont know how to change it..and I dont have any spiffy programs to fix it..

Ha yeah...I just GAVE UP! Stupid size thing on paint..uggh, my newer camera takes HUGE Files,So I decided to use my other chamera which gives me smaller files..and take more pics! :) this way I dont have to deal with figuring to how to resize..and I got an even better pic! Soo I'm happy! Go check out my entryyy! Whhooo I'm Excited! :)

I had good luck with

http://www.irfanview.com/

I am by no means a graphic designer but I found the download easy to figure out.

I use Paint.net . Easy, not too big, and freeware (not trial). However, you can't compare it to photoshop! ;)

slideshow

Having a hard time deciding on your favorite?

Slideshow: Click to view slideshow

Comparing the original size of each image can help and is recommended. Photos should not only be judged by the chameleon displayed, but also on composition and image quality.

I use Paint.net . Easy, not too big, and freeware (not trial). However, you can't compare it to photoshop! ;)

Paint.net is a good tool. I am not very good with it.. but I play around with it a tad.

I have MS Office, and use the MSO Picture Manager to resize images... it is a pretty easy tool... prolly messes up the images, but so far so good.

I do have Lightroom 2.2 but I have NO idea how to use it and I just get frustrated with it because my computer can't handle the processing load it puts on my CPU. :eek:

Great pics this month - hard to choose just one with all the lovely different types of chams in these!

you can choose mine if you'd like:rolleyes: haha just kidding, any pic is up for grabs, and they are all awsome pics. i have a feeling that baby quad pic is gonna get it this month though

where are the rest of the entries?

Unfortunately, only a subset of all entries make it to the voting phase. We usually receive about 50 entries and have to narrow them down to 12-15. For more information on the contest process please review the contest rule thread linked below. During this entry reduction phase technical aspects of the photos are given more focus than the actual chameleon.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/photo-contest-rules-102/

Yeah, that baby quad is something but I have to say I love the lady Jackson's -- they are the sweetest lovies. But then heck! There are some pretty killer panthers too!

How do you vote??

I watched the slideshow of the entries, then came back and it already said "Thank you for Voting on this poll. The results will be announced shortly!" at the top of the page...

Did I miss something??

How do you vote??

I watched the slideshow of the entries, then came back and it already said "Thank you for Voting on this poll. The results will be announced shortly!" at the top of the page...

Did I miss something??

You are still a junior member, and they can't vote :(

Stick around a bit.... you'll get to vote once you have 'member' status under your username. It takes time, rep and post count in order to become a member.

Congratulation Chdwcweifghtgrbueobeuobv, you are new and full member! :) So if you can't vote for this month, you should have the privilege to do it next month! :)

Back
Top Bottom