seperate feeding cage

kendalllarue86

i was wondering since my baby jacksons cage is really big i wated to buy him another smaller cage just to feed him in would this work out good or would it stress himn having two cages?

i was wondering since my baby jacksons cage is really big i wated to buy him another smaller cage just to feed him in would this work out good or would it stress himn having two cages?

i would keep him in one cage. changing cages will keep stressing him out. try partitioning his cage to make it smaller. you can try cup feeding and keep the feeding cup a little higher than mid way in his cage to shorten the cage.

my shoping list

Shopping cart has been updated.

Exo Terra 125 Watt Solar Glo Bulb
$29.99 each

$29.99

Zoo Med Repti Calcium WITHOUT D3- 3 oz
$3.89 each

$3.89

Exo Terra Multi Vitamin Powder 2.5oz
$5.29 each

$5.29

22 gallon basic Reptarium
$26.99 each considering for feeder cage

$26.99

8 1/2" Aluminum Lamp Fixtures
$5.99 each

$5.99

Large Ficus Tree (live) 8" Pot
$18.99 each

$18.99
Subtotal $91.14
Tax TBD
Shipping $12.95
Total $104.09

have you thought about cup feeding in the big cage?

i do cup feed but he wont eat as manny as he needs so i just put the cup in the bottom and just hoping he will eat for now i seen him lap a few out of it i put aorund 9 in it and only 5 is left i sure they didnt escape i checked his cage and didnt see any

my shoping list

Shopping cart has been updated.

Exo Terra 125 Watt Solar Glo Bulb
$29.99 each

$29.99

Zoo Med Repti Calcium WITHOUT D3- 3 oz
$3.89 each

$3.89

Exo Terra Multi Vitamin Powder 2.5oz
$5.29 each

$5.29

22 gallon basic Reptarium
$26.99 each considering for feeder cage

$26.99

8 1/2" Aluminum Lamp Fixtures
$5.99 each

$5.99

Large Ficus Tree (live) 8" Pot
$18.99 each

$18.99
Subtotal $91.14
Tax TBD
Shipping $12.95
Total $104.09

I'd try to save some $ by using regular household bulbs for basking and possibly spend the extra $ on a true screened cage.

I was reading on here a couple of weeks ago about this girl that has a feeding station for her veiled. It was so cool! It is in a bigger critter keeper(those things that are clear with the neon colored lids) and she had a branch going into the bottom and then she had a little dish of fruits and veggies and some insects in it. She said her cham knows when it's feeding time and will go in there himself. I thought it was a great idea! You could do that. I will try to find it so I can give you a link.

how about multiple feeding cups suspended through the cage, and a big bowl at the bottom - that way there are plenty of places /options for him to see bugs moving around

I was reading on here a couple of weeks ago about this girl that has a feeding station for her veiled. It was so cool! It is in a bigger critter keeper(those things that are clear with the neon colored lids) and she had a branch going into the bottom and then she had a little dish of fruits and veggies and some insects in it. She said her cham knows when it's feeding time and will go in there himself. I thought it was a great idea! You could do that. I will try to find it so I can give you a link.

do you think if i put a cricket keep in there and a vine going some what to the cricket keep enough to where he can snatch em up and they cant get out if he would possibly over eat??

how about multiple feeding cups suspended through the cage, and a big bowl at the bottom - that way there are plenty of places /options for him to see bugs moving around

this is also a good idea but i have a monsoon mister and i dont want any crickets to drown so i keep the cup in a dry area on the bottom of the cage and i put moss around it too to ensure it stays in place and doesnt slip when he eats from it

Chameleons don't have feeding cages in the wild, something to keep in mind.... He'll get his food, but if you are really worried and need to monitor food, try a feeding cup.

do you think if i put a cricket keep in there and a vine going some what to the cricket keep enough to where he can snatch em up and they cant get out if he would possibly over eat??

I wouldn't think he would over eat. I am not sure if you would feed baby jacksons the same way you would feed baby veileds(what I have), so I wouldn't want to say something wrong. Hopefully someone on here that has experience with them will chime in. As far as crickets go, I would think it would be hard to keep them from getting out of that kind of enclosure. Seems like they could just climb out on the branch. Something like that might be better for roaches or worms. Once I looked at the pics again I realized it might not be the best idea for crickets, but you could probably come up with something. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Use plastic containers with the bottom removed and replaced by screen = no more misting puddles in feeding cups.
He will not over-eat if you dont over-feed. Monitor what he eats, his weight and his activity etc.

Back
Top Bottom