Senegal Care Guide

ISA my Veiled

Hey guys I searched the forums but could not find a care guide for a Senegal Chameleon. I really want to do research on them and see what I would need if I were to happen to get one. If someone could give me a care guide or give me one off of the info they know from caring for them yourself that would be fantastic, thank you!

Senegal Care

My buddy has some Senegals. I was trying to get my hands on one, but realized after some research and found out that they are usually caught in the wild and sold in pet stores. There are some exceptions, but that is usually the case. They don't get very big, as an adult, the body is as big is the palm of your hand. The body colors are usually a nice lime green or a khaki color. The care for them is just like all other chameleons. Best advise is to read every material that you can get your hands on about chameleon care focusing on chameleon's in captivity. Amazon seems to be the best resource for chameleon books, our local public library is very limited.
Hope that helps :)

A lot of info there but nothing really it seems about keeping them in captivity. LIke temps and all that. Hmm... Maybe I just didnt see it...

Not very many senegal guys around here... as Jennibean said most are wild caught and it may be a risk buying one of these guys. But if you know the proper care and have the money for a vet visit, go for it!

Not very many senegal guys around here... as Jennibean said most are wild caught and it may be a risk buying one of these guys. But if you know the proper care and have the money for a vet visit, go for it!

Well I am not purchasing it, someone may be giving it to me for free. So I was thinking about taking it in

No, not really a care sheet, but probably the most info I've found. I'll have another look around and reply if I find more.

EDIT: There is a section on that link titled "Captive Maintenance". It does give temperatures and cage sizes.

Well I am not purchasing it, someone may be giving it to me for free. So I was thinking about taking it in

Oh, ok :) Sounds like what was happening with me and a Jackson's... but that did not end well lol. If you get the chance, go for it! Best of luck.

No, not really a care sheet, but probably the most info I've found. I'll have another look around and reply if I find more.

EDIT: There is a section on that link titled "Captive Maintenance". It does give temperatures and cage sizes.

Ahh lol i may have just looked past it thank you!

Well never mind to the senegal, the guy said it was free on craigslist but instead is taking an offer of $40.00 from someone. I hate that lol but hey, can't blame him for taking the best offer.

Well never mind to the senegal, the guy said it was free on craigslist but instead is taking an offer of $40.00 from someone. I hate that lol but hey, can't blame him for taking the best offer.

I guess we both have learned a lesson...

DON'T TAKE A FREE CHAM. EDIT: Or at least don't expect it to come through...

Lol. ;)

The type of person who is giving a chameleon away on Craigslist instead of finding a proper home for it probably isn't the type of guy you want a chameleon from.

Back
Top Bottom