Selling My Chameleons

Vmag86

I have just recently started incubating my first clutch of panther egg's. My female actually double clutched so I now have over 50eggs. I am very excited about what is to come, however, I am also a bit worried about how I am going to sell ALL of these babies if the majority of them hatch. I know CF has a great classified section that I will for sure be posting in, but I was wondering where else I could go. If anyone has experience selling large quantities of chameleons, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Cheers!!:)

I think your first concern should be how your gonna feed them- I wish you luck but I think your counting your panthers before they hatch-

I think your first concern should be how your gonna feed them-

Why do people always jump to conclusion before anything!!!:mad: You don't think I would research that BEFORE breeding my chams???

I have a "potential" issue at hand and was looking for some help... anyone?

You can get a acct on kingsnake and advertise them there.Like the forum classified,you will have to ship them. Consider getting a table at a up coming local reptile show. Good luck

Why do people always jump to conclusion before anything!!!:mad: You don't think I would research that BEFORE breeding my chams???

Haha, cool your jets, they were offering some advice man. Research and practice are worlds apart. You can be a text-book genius, but be a n00b when it comes to application.

Try craigslist or drive to a local show. Those are the two more common options.

You can get a acct on kingsnake and advertise them there.Like the forum classified,you will have to ship them. Consider getting a table at a up coming local reptile show. Good luck

Those are some great ideas Curt! I live is San Diego where we have 2 large expos per year. If all pans out, I'll consider vending!

In San Diego you should have no problem, forum, shows, Craig's list, and the newspaper. Your babies will fly away from you. Last ditch, sell them to a pet store.

In San Diego you should have no problem, forum, shows, Craig's list, and the newspaper. Your babies will fly away from you. Last ditch, sell them to a pet store.

Let's hope thats the case! Thank you for your input:D

you can try local reptile stores, i know mine is really good and they have proper set ups and they will buy livestock from breeders and the public if its in good shape

Babies

When is the hatch date....maybe I can get my first panther from you...lets be friends lol...just bustin yours

I think your first concern should be how your gonna feed them- I wish you luck but I think your counting your panthers before they hatch-

Settle down you two, lol. kplatvoet, you shouldn't assume that all people are incompitent. The fact that Vmag has successfully bred his panthers shows that he/she obviously has enough knowledge to know how to feed them.

That irritates me also. Drives me nuts when I ask a simple question, and then some nit-wit chimes in, not answering the question, and stating some kind of obvious fact like they have a Herp PhD with a Chameleon Specialty.

if you have problems selling them, ill cover shipping and take one, never had a panther chameleon before :)

My hat is off to you for your clutch of panther eggs. I think its great. I wont bother you by asking for one for they will fly. Good luck.

We live in Michigan and have an awesome site on Facebook called the Inidana Reptile Classifieds there is also one for Michigan too. You might want to check and see in your area if you have something similar on facebook. We actually have a couple clutchs that we have sold on there after they are about a month and a half into incubation, just because we have 3 clutches going and don't want to pitch what we don't want. We figured why not give people the oppourtunity to incubate their own... Good Luck!!

Just to throw this out there too... When we sell our eggs we DO NOT SHIP them. I could just imagine that turning into a huge bashing... We meet people who are willing to travel from a distance.

That irritates me also. Drives me nuts when I ask a simple question, and then some nit-wit chimes in, not answering the question, and stating some kind of obvious fact like they have a Herp PhD with a Chameleon Specialty.

We're on the same page! Nothing drives me crazier than when someone posts some snide remark without even answering the question:eek:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I am taking everyone's reply into consideration.

If I do run into problems selling them I will contact those of you interested and we can work something out.

Back
Top Bottom