Selling feeder insects?

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have a huge amount of work going into my feeders, (kind of personal work and time) I am trying to figure out what species of insects that people want the most(other than certain wildcaughts *coughs* grasshoppers *coughs*) that I already plan on offering far far down the road, when I get my permits and licenses...

I have no desire to get into hornworms, they are already off the list.

I am working on getting my line specific, silkworms steady. I am getting into selective breeding with these guys for those of you who don't know and have seen some amazing progress.

My vietnamese sticks will likely need to be thinned a bit soon.

Dubias are already doing well.

Giant Canyon Isopods are working on getting a stronger turn around.

Green bananas are taking forever to breed. I know it can take a while for them to establish.

I am also working on super worms.

Are there any others that people would like to see offered?

Not that I can think of but I am a newbie still. Please let me know when you have things available! Not sure if you remember some of my past post about hand feeding,but great news! My Flex had his 1st official tong feeding today with juicy hornworm so thanks for all you do on here. I know myself as well as others appreciate your advice. Just because:

https://alfred.camera/tv/Vki9HyRhz

"Chiquita's

Attachments

• IMG_0889.PNG
    IMG_0889.PNG
    332.2 KB · Views: 125
Can't personally think of anything, but i am always interested in new bugs! Let me know when you have stuff available.

"Chiquita's

Hey Savage... is that a cicada? I wish I could breed those if it is o_O I don't know of any way to... though I have no issue putting some research into it. I tend to come up with some weird ideas. That work.

Not that I can think of but I am a newbie still. Please let me know when you have things available! Not sure if you remember some of my past post about hand feeding,but great news! My Flex had his 1st official tong feeding today with juicy hornworm so thanks for all you do on here. I know myself as well as others appreciate your advice. Just because:

https://alfred.camera/tv/Vki9HyRhz

Depends on what you want hun, I have some already available. But if you have certain specific ones I will work harder on getting them out faster ^^

when will the sticks be going on sale?? i would be very interested in buying some of those!(y)

Stick insects will be ready likely in a couple weeks from the looks of it. My adult females are still doing very well and producing eggs, my nymphs I wants to grow out a smidge more before shipping just to make sure as many make it as possible and there are no unnecessary deaths if I can help it. I love my insects so I will go the extra mile to make sure they make it to where they need to be. If you plan to raise them at all I can message you to how I keep them so you will have a very high success rate and high hatch rate ^^

Depends on what you want hun, I have some already available. But if you have certain specific ones I will work harder on getting them out faster ^^
I'd like to try some silkworms and walking sticks when they are available . Also grasshoppers, I find them in my family members backyards all the time but I'm nervous to feed anything wild caught. I have some wax worms in cacoon now, So hopefully i have some moths soon!

Grasshoppers likely won't be happening for at least a year or more. The permits and licenses will require a lot of money. I have looked into the BSFL and I could easily raise them in the house and have already thought of the best way to contain them and such. As far as the silkworms, they will probably take longer than the stick insects to be where I want them to. I want to do one more selective breeding with them, and then they should be ready to send out. But I would want to do more of a test run with them so they would likely be a lower cost than normal because I want to know how easy they would be to raise compared to most lines etc. that most people get.

It will take a bit for me to get them breeding of course, at the moment I am working on getting the superworms more self sufficient so I don't have to baby them as much. The BSFL will be pretty much self-sufficient too when I get done with them.

So I will working on getting two species of smaller roaches into my feeders soon as well. I have worked with one of them before they are both super simple. Both are florida legal too.

Oriental Roaches

Surinam Roaches

I also have a desire to work with some species who won't likely be used for feeders which are the Centurion Roaches and maybe the Extinct Roach Species.

Leafs, praying mantids, butter worms, any safe butterflies or other flying insects, and like you said, grasshoppers

Back
Top Bottom