Selling Chameleons Eventually

So to start this off I have cared for chameleons for a little over 11 years and this was my first venture into breeding,( still feel it was a little overzealous) my female panther has laid her eggs, is eating and drinking great, the eggs have been moved and incubated for about a month now, I have 26 eggs in total, I have 10 cages set up for now for hatchlings in case they hatch at different times, don’t sell fast enough, I was just curious what is the most responsible way to sell and ship these guys, would this site be a good start, I’ve even seen people sell the eggs , I’ve also heard of an “alpha” to suggest one may have better colors than others?

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions about selling or shipping. I never had to ship and didn't have to look for people to sell them to (there was a reptile show in our area several times a year)...but I wanted to bump your post so you might get an answer.

@Chameleon Mike can you give OP some tips on shipping chams?
As far as shipping goes I know you have to ship the eggs within a couple of days of them being laid. After that the embryo sets and if the eggs turn you can kill it.
When shipping babies you must wait 3 months. I'm sure not everyone waits that long but if you want to be known as a good breeder you will.
I ship through www.shipyourreptiles.com they have tips for shipping along with supplies.

Good luck

Below is how mine came from FL Chams. The container was in a box, completely packed with newspaper. There was a heat pack in the box since I bought him when the temps in my area were around 50F. Shipped overnight, which was delayed and it took him 4 days to arrive.

IMG_20181029_092212.jpg IMG_20181029_101411.jpg

Poor little guy having to be in there for 4 days. Mine was shipped on Monday late in the afternoon and was in my hands be 9:30 am the next morning

Poor little guy having to be in there for 4 days. Mine was shipped on Monday late in the afternoon and was in my hands be 9:30 am the next morning
I know, I was not happy at all, I ended up having to take a Monday off of work so I could get him from FedEx right away and offer him water. FedEx tracking stated that FL Chams did not meet the cut-off for providing them the package in time to allow for overnight delivery. FL Chams said they were lying since other chams he shipped out along with mine were delivered overnight with no issues. He told me he was going to dispute this and refund my shipping fee but that never happened. @OP, word of advice, do not ship on a Thursday for overnight delivery on a Friday. I would offer shipping only Mon-Weds so if there is a day delay it won't turn into 3-4 days like it did for me.

I sent a few texts asking about the status but he eventually stopped responding. While I love the cham I got from him, he probably will not get return business from me.

I know this is an old post but I'd like to add that I had a bad experience with FL chams also. He sold me a Florida wild caught panther and stopped responding when i told him the chameleon had medical issues. Avoid.

I know this is an old post but I'd like to add that I had a bad experience with FL chams also. He sold me a Florida wild caught panther and stopped responding when i told him the chameleon had medical issues. Avoid.
I've seen many contreversial things said about fl chams. Many people say they have good experience with them but one of the leading members of our community @PetNcs says bad things about them. I have also heard bad things

Yikes, these horror stories will keep some of us buying our chams at pet stores. We see it and don't pay for shipping. I know that we are supporting pet mills. But is it worse than someone farming chams in the wild and collecting and selling them? I saw video on chams in south Florida.

Back
Top Bottom