seeking chamaleon information

fabiowin

Next month I will get a Chamaleon; I am also getting a cage that is 24x24x48. However, I need to know more about heat, substratum, liveplant, light, and other important facts that are necessary to know about (for a cage of similar measurements that I plan on purchasing). I need to know such things because I want the Chamaleon to be in a healthy environment.:)

You have come to the right place, and if you search through the threads you will find all the answers for your questions. To quick answer you: For a cage that big you do not want a baby-it will be too hard for them to find food. If you get a 5 month old Veiled however, it should be OK. Ususally you start the youngsters out in smaller cages and replace the cage as they grow. A 16X16X30 is a good cage to start with. For heat you only need a clamp lamp and a household light bulb to get the basking temps where you need them to be. To do this you either need a temp gun or a digital thermometer with a probe on the end. NO SUBSTRATE! It can cause impaction. Pothos, Schefflera, or Ficus seem to be the most used live plants. You will need a UVB tube-perferably a Zoomed Reptisun 5.0-NO COMPACT UVB! You also want supplements. If you go to my website in my signature I have a list from LLLReptile of all the supplies you would need and supplements. It also has a link to the raising Kitty blog which is the most up to date and informative care sheet written by our Forum Member Brad R. Research your brains out and good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom